Replacing 6 disc CD player with screen? HELP!

dmistak617

Reaction score
Okay I want to know how hard it is to switch out my 6 disc with a touch screen double din radio? Will I lose my steering wheel controls? And if you have done this please post pictures. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnp115

Reaction score
You can keep steering controls if you jump wires to an aftermarket box (not sure on specifics because it came like that for me). I have an aftermarket head unit, not a double din but I'm in the process of yanking it out and putting in a double din.

Morfael

Reaction score
I will be pulling my stock unit out this weekend/ next week and replacing it with a double din touch screen. To keep your steering wheel controls you will need a separate controller... ASWC-1 I think is the new one, I have the older one. I can take pictures and send them to you if you want.

dmistak617

Reaction score
I was gonna go through crutch field to order all my stuff being that they have all the parts I need.. But would hooking up a factory nav unit be easier/cheaper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
I changed mine to a touch screen and still retained my steering week controls somewhat, only issue I have is when I hit any button it mutes the radio or a spirit second then continues with the command sent

DSG03bolt

Reaction score
I Don'tThink Factory Nav Will Just Plug In. I Could Be Wrong, But Im Very Fond Of My Kenwood, Few More Options Than OEM Unit Had (My Truck Is 2008). When You Call Any Place To Get The Unit, They Will Know The Proper Parts You Need. (Dash Kit, Adapter Wire Harness, Antenna Adapter, Steering Wheel Control Interface HIt A Local Best buY And Catch Free Install Day Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.