Replacing Emblems

BOHICA256

Reaction score
The front emblems from CTS will chip unless you put some clear bra on it. My front one looks like absolute ****. He offers a warranty but you have to buy the 3M clear bra through him to get it warrantied. Didn't have that option when I got mine a year ago. I don't think he preps the chrome pieces at all because that's the only part that has chipped. It looked awesome until it received more chips than I can count.
If you buy through CTS id suggest 100% to get the 3M clear bra so it doesn't chip, and if it does, you can get it fixed.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
He told me he media blasts the chrome before paint so it only adds slight texture to the chrome finish for the paint to take to that's why everyone is running into the chipping issue the chrome needs to come off then prepped for paint in my opinion. Next ones I'll paint myself

trugertha

Reaction score
Took it apart and
Painted myself
c5df8f250b37f95e74f2a311e192e2e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smcox1

Reaction score
Do not buy from cts there is absolutely zero prep work done to those things. Every single emblem front, side and rear will all chip and they won't own up to their ****ty work. I was telling people to at least wrap them in clear 3M vinyl but I won't be doing that anymore as I've seen all the paint fall of attached to the vinyl. My suggestion is to paint them yourself so I know they were done right.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Yes every single piece of the front and rear emblems break down besides some of the 20x9s if I remember right any with a rear emblem camera will break down

dsberman94

Reaction score
Takes 5 minutes to take them apart. I laugh when people way thru spend hundreds of $ on the emblems from cts just to have them chip because he doesn't prep anything. Take it apart, sand it, self etching primer, paint, clear, glue. Done.

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
unless there is more than one real emblem with the emblem on the camera cuz mine is one piece not like the front one and old rear 9" style

dsberman94

Reaction score
Unless that is the case. I thought those were just an emblem on top of the camera portion though. Guess I thought wrong.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
The emblem on a Platinum is the same 7" emblem from any Ford that uses that size and they definitely come apart to paint....otherwise I wouldn't have a painted one on my 15 Platinum. The issue is if you just pry it off it breaks the retainer pins/clips. When you put the new one on you just push it in and it sets the clips.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I took fender badges apart too. Same issue with those is that the clips break when you take them apart. They just have to be glued back together then.

drservo

Reaction score
Well after about 3 months my rear emblem started flaking on the bottom, definitely didn't start from a rock chip there.

drservo

Reaction score
Yes CTS, from everyone else's dealing with warranty I'm not going to even try. Its on the bottom and not very noticeable so I just touched it up for now, if it gets worse I'm just going to it repainted.

Latest posts

Members online