Replacing OBD port

Kent94

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a way to replace the obd port without having to splice the wires. I broke the plastic bracket holding it up and wondering if I could just replace the black plastic and pull the blue back piece out? Thanks

907DAVE

Reaction score
If you can source a replacement the wires can be removed and sapped into a new connector using a "terminal tool".

Alfie

Reaction score
You can use a straight pick to pull them out. There is a small tab that holds the terminals in. Connector should be much. I would guess about 15-20 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tak

Reaction score
You can use a straight pick to pull them out. There is a small tab that holds the terminals in. Connector should be much. I would guess about 15-20 bucks.
or you may want to use an extension cable to move DLC away from leg room.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Just go to the auto wrecker and clip the wires off an OBD port so you can take the wires out and get the hard shell you need. The replacement pigtail connector from Ford is like $50 if I recall rightly, and if all you need or want is the hard shell it's kind of a waste of dough.

Kent94

Reaction score
So what your saying is just use the hard shell off any vehicle at the junk yard hense they should all be the same shape? Never thought of that. But all I do need is the shell bexuasw the plastic bracket broke on mine.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Any OBD II compliant vehicle from 96 up should have the same data link connector shell. Pin population may be different as some pins are reserved for manufacturer specific stuff.

The only thing to be mindful of is the way it actually physically mounts to the dash.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Members online