Reroute CCV to exhaust...

sidwaz

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing this as well. Is there a certain limit to the length of 3/4 line? I have a pacbrake so it will need to go after that, it is mounted at the bottom of the downpipe.

Hammer Down

Reaction score
as far as being concerned with the exhaust pulling too much ccv how is it any different than a turbo sucking it into the intake stream. is the exhaust going to create as much vacuum as that? i cant imagine but maybe im missing something:shrug:

907DAVE

Reaction score
The exhaust has a much greater velocity caused by rapidly expanding gasses. Also the intake isn't really drawing the cc vapor out, its getting pushed into the intake stream. Look at how the intake tube is designed and you will see what I mean.

Last edited:

Powerstroke 6.4

Reaction score
I posted this in an other thread but it seems that theres two CCV threads

This is how I did mine

Attachments

• 6.4 ccv mod.jpg
    6.4 ccv mod.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 6.4 ccv frame.jpg
    6.4 ccv frame.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 6.4 ccv filter.jpg
    6.4 ccv filter.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 90

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The exhaust has a much greater velocity caused by rapidly expanding gasses. Also the intake isn't really drawing the cc vapor out, its getting pushed into the intake stream. Look at how the intake tube is designed and you will see what I mean.

This I dont understand. There is a slight vacuum in the intake system, which varies with amount of airflow your truck is demanding, and with a dirty filter you should see a fairly larger vacuum than say a CAI I would think

littleredstroker

Reaction score
This I dont understand. There is a slight vacuum in the intake system, which varies with amount of airflow your truck is demanding, and with a dirty filter you should see a fairly larger vacuum than say a CAI I would think

Im confused too... If 1000cfm is entering the engine through a 4 inch intake... How is there more than 1000cfm leaving and how is it at greater velocity if its leaving in a 4 inch exhaust....

sent while needing more cowbell

907DAVE

Reaction score
The exhaust is less dense because of the heat added from the combustion process.

Latest posts

Members online