Rest in piece 4r100

bluedge8

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about bling, or the transmission. Just a stock new radiator, some people feel you can't get all the crap out of the Trans cooler in the radiator. The risk with a filter is either it is a bypass that won't catch everything or plugging a complete filter and blocking fluid flow. I have bought the cooler flush in a can but it is a risk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jake

Reaction score
That atf coming out of the transmission looks like deep maroon metallic paint!

Jake

Reaction score
Well I almost have it buttoned up, just the new trans cooler, finish flushing the cooler, and hook up the shift cable. But I think I forgot part of the linkage clip on the core trans.

Jake

Reaction score
3 yr unlimited mileage. I'm down to button up the exhaust, shift cable, hook up the batteries. 108 degrees in the shop is kicking my butt.

Jake

Reaction score
Supposedly the only difference is the converter. I was ~$3k with a new flex plate.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Wonder what my cost is on this... what makes this a HD

"BACKGROUND
• To address customer demand for a heavy duty transmission to meet the high load, severe duty cycle needs of commercial and recreational users, FCSD is releasing an enhanced version of our remanufactured 4R100 transmission.
• This transmission will be Motorcraft branded and offered for non Ford paid repairs only.

FEATURES / BENEFITS
This exciting new product is built with numerous durability and performance upgrades. These include:
• Enhanced Torque Converter for better performance and longer life
• Oversize one piece case bushing for improved durability
• Enhanced Forward, Direct, and Intermediate Friction plates for longer life under heavy load shifts
• All new special upgraded steel plates.
• Center Support Enhancements for improved gear train life
• Mercon V-OIL for greater heat resistance
• Oversize Pump Gear Set for improved oil flow
• Upgraded Extension Housing Bushing for improved durability
• 45 Element Intermediate Sprag for greater strength to withstand heavy loads
• Special coast clutch drum for improved engine braking and increased durability.
• All new iron planetary assemblies for improved durability
• All new one way clutches for improved durability
• All new electronics for improved reliability
• Revised calibration gives better shifts for heavy duty use
• Improved gasketing for reduced leaks.

ORDERING INFORMATION
Order from your Powertrain Distributor

APPLICATION INFORMATION
• This Heavy Duty transmission is offered in 4 versions to fit non PTO diesel equipped trucks from 1999 to 2003 model years.
• Detailed application data is in the attached pdf file as well as Dealer Catalog systems.

PRICING
• Dealer net price is $xxxxxxxx with a $1000.00 core deposit
• Suggested Retail is $3325.33
• This price is very competitive with other heavy duty units available in the market today.

SALES LITERATURE
• A product information sheet is posted on FMCDealer to help you communicate product attributes and secure new business.

FCSD MARKETING SUPPORT
• FCSD will promote this product to fleet users and the general repair and transmission shop audience.

WARRANTY
• This transmission comes with our 3 year/75,000 mile warranty with no exclusion for commercial or high GVW vehicles. (I read that this was changed to 3 year/ 100k) a year or two ago in a Ford publication

This Heavy Duty 4R100 transmission will help you meet your heavy duty customer's needs with an enhanced product that meets their severe duty cycle needs."

Jake

Reaction score
Mine is just mildly tuned with some stage 1's. I'm nice to it most of time.

Jake

Reaction score
I got to drive it today, drives good. Just need to button up some loose ends now. I really need to get my chip back, it runs like crap with single shots! 1k rpm idle like it has a huge cam in it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.