Returning to Stock

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I'm considering putting my '15 back to stock and wondering if there are any issues anyone has run into? Any tips? My thought is to return to stock tuning and then reinstall the exhaust. I made sure to wait until I had a regen before I removed the stock exhaust with he hope that when I put it back on it would have time to get some miles before having to regen. Should I top off the DEF? I've only been ******d for about 5k.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

jwalk09

Reaction score
Reason why you are going back to stock? Sorry don't have any tips on returning back to stock

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I have bolted my stock stuff back on every year for 3 years now without issue. Only thing I ran into last year was different tuning for the 15 retro swap on stock 12 tuning. I don't do anything with the def tank other than make sure it's at least half full. I bolt everything back up and then load the stock (or custom stock in my case) and she's good to go. I have heard that I may not need to do that this year but I'm not buying that until its emissions time.

Keith

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I love the tuning, but it might be time for a change. I was planning on putting it back on for the winter in the event that I needed it and to prevent corrosion of the plugs. If I make the change I will post it here.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Well, it's back to stock and runs! I didn't take it for a drive though as it is saying the DEF is empty and I don't have any. I had about 3k on it when I ******d and it's at about 8k now. I figure that it probably evaporated off throughout the summer as ok sure it wasn't full when I got it. If I fill it and it doesn't respond I'll have to look deeper.

It will be going in to the dealer as I have a leak up front that I'm not too sure about. I need to look closer, but it's a red/orange color.

Thanks again everyone!

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I'm all set and good to go. I posted both my Livewire with preloaded tunes and exhaust in the for sale section. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Members online