REV X or Schaeffers Moly EP additive

TARM

Reaction score
Well thats good news. Like I said it may mitigate some of it but maybe not all of it if its mechanical defect in cause. Hopefully it will be a big enough improvement. The stumble could have been some of the very thick additive have not yet blended and went straight to the injectors and that would effect injection rate. But that would be only a 1 time thing and just a odd chance of even happening.

Let us know how it goes.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Ordering 4 pales of Schaffers moly x200 15-40 this coming week. I will be switching from delo so I will post what happens and how the truck runs. i do have a small idle roll so hopefully it fixes it.

TARM

Reaction score
If its oil related it may. If not then of course likely no.

That is Schaeffers dino oil and is suppose to be good stuff as well. I have not used that as I started with the 7000 and then to 9000. I know a number of other farmers that use it in there trucks and tractors etc..

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Well he didn't call airetion right off the bat, he might think he has an issue like me...

I beat the **** out of the truck last night and this morning and its still performing pretty well... I wish my aftermarket oil psi gauge still worked, it coincided with the shakey idle... I could watch the needle fluctuate 5 psi sitting at a light.. It was bad.

I still only added 2 pints of this stuff. I'll ride it out til end of week and have a final analysis.

I do agree my first fire-up was definitely the straight weight getting pushed through injectors. I was scared at first, but then it went away...

powerSmokin

Reaction score
The reason I say it could be tuning related is because I had stage 1 tunes on it for a while then finally sat down with Cale at the Dyno and he designed some tunes and after they were installed the idle had a small roll in it. He changed a couple things on the tuning 2 more times and it still did it just not as bad. I was thinking about it more and it could be just the oil itself since I put injectors in 3k ago.

TARM

Reaction score
OK I get where you are coming from now. You were looking at symptoms not what was stated as the possible cause. Makes sense.

JD3020

Reaction score
Wanting to bump this thread back up to get some more discussion on these additives. Running around today i noticed my truck is running really rough, and the idle is not steady at all, worst its ran in a looong time. Got to thinking, and i'm at around 4500 miles on this oil. Wanting to run Schaeffers 9000, but i think right now that isn't an option, just to much $$$. Supposedly i can get Amsoil cheap, which i'm doubting. But 15-40 Valvoline is on sale for $12 a gallon at TSC, so i may just run it again. Now i want to try an additive this time, as i'm currently running Valvo with decent results.

Just not sure if i want to try Moly-EP, AR9100, or Rev-X.

01PSD

Reaction score
I put 2 bottles of Rev-X in mine not long ago and noticed no difference at all. Not to say it didn't do anything to improve the oil quality, but I just couldn't notice anything. I've had something going on that's irking the hell out of me so I figured I would give it a shot. There seems to be a lot of excess injector rattle/chatter (?) at medium throttle. Not sure if I'm just paranoid and listening TOO hard for it or if it's something else.

My brother used some AR9100 to try and cure some stiction issues a few weeks back, it did help some but didn't totally cure the problem (it is stiction because it clears up after a few minutes.)

Latest posts

Members online