Reverse pump

BOSS450

Reaction score
30 minutes of searching. Can't find a thread. Probably not searching the right words.

So have so you reverse the direction on a k16 to put it on the dual fuel position

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
YouTube has a few of them. Search "how to reverse flow a seimens pump"

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

BOSS450

Reaction score
Yea it's still sitting in the box with all the other parts waiting to go on. I'll post a build thread when it's running

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I hope he is, they definitely don't like to go in the opposite direction once spun in the initial direction.

who tells you guys this junk? The only way i have ever done it is with high mile used pumps and they work fine.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
well in all reality when you reverse the pump you arent changing anything. Since the pump reverses directions and the ring is flipped its basically running the same way it was before.

Crack85

Reaction score
Tru....just seems like I've seen a couple guys grenade a system or pump by reversing a high mileage pump. May not have been the culprit though

Diesel23

Reaction score
Yeah was ready to crap my pants !! mine was a lets just say a used pump as I was unaware of true mileage , works well !! thanks dustin for clarification lol !!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Cracks comments were something I have read on here several times. Although some guys get away with reversing them, others don't seem to be so fortunate....Guess you think it was gonna fail anyways. In any case, i respect your knowledge so I will take your word on this Dustin cause I am hoping in the next year or so to need to run a reverse pump.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's not guaranteed to not fail but I don't agree with the logic fully. I think there are many who take the valley pump mount it up front and then buy a new pump for the rear since it's much harder to change. I'm sure there are some failures but I don't think everyone inspects the pumps before they install.

Latest posts

Members online