Rocker Arm Swap?

imelmo

Reaction score
So I pulled the cab on ZMBYKLR. I was in Mexico doing some racing and when I cranked it up to leave it was making a popping noise out the intake.

Got the valve covers off and found two rockers broke on the same cylinder. I checked the pushrods and they are straight. I'm going to do a compression check tomorrow and watch the assembly as it turns over to see if anything looks funny.

My concern is it appears there is a piece of the shorter rocker missing (see pics) and possibly a very small bit of the long rocker as well. On the longer one it doesn't appear to be much, just the one end doesn't quite match up. I did find the ball bearings.

The short rocker is missing about a 1/4" piece out of the bottom though. I looked and do not see it anywhere. Is this something I need to be concerned with? I see the holes at the bottom of the head and that's the only place I can think of that it could've gone. I'm guessing the holes are where the oil drains back down.

Should I try fishing down the holes with a magnet or something?

9255D8CB-BED2-451B-B3F1-6ECD73C25BA7_zpsehc9nl9w.jpg

72A0C4BB-17E5-471E-9385-0BCF7A128BE5_zpsiwfdlt87.jpg

5954973A-7E7A-4652-AE95-0F85261005B6_zpsotsanv7h.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
If it doesn't come out in the oil I wouldn't worry too much

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
The shorter one is definitely stretched apart, I'd drain the oil for peace of mind and move on. Watch for compression leaking past the valves...often times the rockets break when the pistons hit a valve.

imelmo

Reaction score
The shorter one is definitely stretched apart, I'd drain the oil for peace of mind and move on. Watch for compression leaking past the valves...often times the rockets break when the pistons hit a valve.

Yeah, I already drained the oil and didn't see anything. Going to do a compression check tomorrow. Fingers crossed. :p

Extended Power

Reaction score
You must have a big 'ol horseshoe up yer arse Danny.....very lucky....buy a lottery ticket bud.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.