Rough Country lift help!

08Monster

Reaction score
Recently installed a 4.5in rough country lift in my 2008 KR F250, and put in Carli 4.5 coils to make it ride a little better, anyway its all installed, looks great, rides great, but there is a hell of a clunk from under the front end when I turn and hit large bumps. A deep, loud popping noise kinda. Any ideas?

sootie

Reaction score
my first guess would be that the coil springs are not seated against the rests properly. i would take the weight off the front axle and rotate the spring so the end of the coil is bumped up against the cast "wall".

sootie

Reaction score
make sure the track bar bracket is tight and have someone turn the steering wheel while you watch the track bar to make sure there are no clearance issues.

fwiw my springs were way noisy when they weren't seated properly-almost like a crunching sound,

08Monster

Reaction score
Mine sounds like a loud pop/clunk. I can feel it in the floor of my truck. Its only when I turn and hit a bump. I can hit a huge bump going straight and it's silent. I know the track bar is like 400+ ft lbs, I don't have a torque wrench that big. How tight is tight enough

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I have a rough crappy lift as well and have that same clunk/pop as you. Mine seems to be only on a left turn not right oddly enough. I haven't been able to pinpoint it, but I'm about to pull this garbage off my truck as soon as I settle on a new setup.

Swampfox

Reaction score
The track bar needs to be ~400 ft/lb's or it will make noise. I would take it to a shop that has a torque wrench that big and have it checked.

zilla68

Reaction score
check the bolt that goes thru the track bar into the drop mount if you have one. on my obs mine was hitting there and that was my noise.
I had it every time I pulled into the driveway. I had my son pull the truck up and as soon as it made the noise I had him stop and you could see right where it was happening.

Jmuck

Reaction score
Like the others mentioned, make the sure the track bar bolt is tight, also the bolts for the trac bar drop bracket.

Did you have the truck aligned after the lift? If so, make sure the two nuts on the adjuster sleeve are tight. If they are loose, they will make a loud popping noise.

Could also be the sway bar brackets on the frame and the radius arm drop brackets.

My money is on the trac bar bracket bolts.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Track bar for sure. Had the same issue and thought/felt like it was the coils. Cranked the track bar to 410 and went away instantly. helped that we have them up to 600Ftlb at work

08Monster

Reaction score
I got torque wrenches at work that go to 800, and than a 6:1 and 18:1 torque multiplier, so I should be able to get them tight. Haha you need the multiplier when torquing D11 idler wheels to 3200ft lbs

08Monster

Reaction score
Tightened the track bar bolt to 450, still have the noise. I noticed it does it when I do a 4x4 boosted launch too. A very loud clunk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Did you check everything else? Coil springs seated correctly? I just installed the same kit in my truck this weekend and have no noises.

08Monster

Reaction score
I checked everything. I can not pin point this noise... Rough Country 4.5 in a 2008? Just embarrassing when this nice truck rolls up and hits a bump and CLUNK. Everyone looks, and not for a good reason.

Jayz

Reaction score
4x4 launch and makes noise says check your radius arms drop brackets....all the nuts and bolts there. Also check the seating of the coils again, the top rubber and also the bottom, that they're agasint the stops

Latest posts