Running like effin sh1t

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
on my way home from work today as I was going up a hill the service engine soon light came on ran like hell rough as can be did not have the power to get out of its own way. Pulled over the engine bay was smoking like hell shut it off let it sit for a few checked all injector related connections all was good. It sat for 30 or so mins restarted it up ran worse like the cps went bad chaged it still ran the same limped it home. On the way there it had no power what so ever belching smoke it was only drivable on my 100 horse tune when it shifted it slammed into gear and would not shift till 2500 rpm from 1900 till 2500 sounded like a 6.0 at wide open throttle no codes present based on a hf code reader. letting it sit and having my father start it in the morning to see if the run quality has changed any.

I am leaning towards bad IPR, ICP, UVCH, and The IDM going to pull my chip in the morning and grab my power probe and meter from work it would be gratly apprciated if anyone that has the wiring diagrams for the idm uvch and pcm diag for rough running.

mandkole

Reaction score
What kind of smoke in bay? Electrical, fuel, oil, etc? If the cel came on, there's a code somewhere.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Its two qts low that was the first thing I did it is in need of a service atm but I doubt it is fuel related.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had an odd occurence once with my 02. Driving home from work, and it basically did the same thing, minus the engine bay smoke. It ended up being a bad injector. I had never seen one fail quite like that. The whole exhaust note changed, ran like crap, smoked, etc.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Took a bit of effort to fire up it is getting fuel but smoke like a mofo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
That's what I figured it was injectors or idm but it is all over the place I have power ground and communication out of the idm I believe it's multiple injectors that failed at once I will go through the hpo system

dsberman94

Reaction score
So what's is smoking, what color is it? What does it smell like, does it burn your eyes? Where is it coming from. Doesn't appear to be coming from the exhaust in the videos.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
crankcase
Changed harnesses with known good ones ipr icp all good failed power and cylinder contribution on buzz test three dead injectors the hpop is weak could not find any metal shavings in the filter or pan
The cps was not damaged externally

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Finally get your hands on a good scanner Brad?

Yes the local ford dealer,
I was saving to get ae this next pay check but she decided to fail in front of the Windham correctional facilities new building last night limped it to my parents house in Westbrook then to Rowe for my brother to run the tests on her.

Latest posts

Members online