S p a r t a n SOTF Knob Thoughts

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Lots of super dutys locally have been getting stolen, was wondering if anyone has asked s p a r t a n or if it's even possible to get rid of one of the tune levels, and make that position a no start position or limited speed, say 5mph? Like instead of position #1 being 400hp, make it the no start position?

higherlife

Reaction score
Valet mode. Thieves could still take it but they wouldn't get away fast and probably think the truck is busted. I love it! Keeps peace of mind when others drive it too (for just short trips it's perfect). Limit rpms, low fueling, etc..

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
A while back, Matt mentioned the possibility of this and if there was interest. I know I chimed in with interest but haven't heard anything more about it. Maybe try contacting him and asking??

I haven't figured out how to tag someone yet or else I'd get him to comment here...
[TAG]@*******DieselTech[/TAG]

Hottrod81

Reaction score
If you took out the 400hp level, what level would you tow on? I live out west with lots of grades

gnxtc2

Reaction score
So the thief just turns the dial and gets a normal tune. Any half bright person that knows vehicles, will look for a knob to turn if the truck doesn't move.

Instead of a knob, there should be a keyed switch to prevent anyone that could drive your truck to change tunes.

Billy T.
[email protected]

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
I believe what Matt actually suggested was real kill switch, like wouldn't even roll the engine over. And the point would be to not mark it as such, and that some idiot thief won't know any better!

higherlife

Reaction score
Dsp5 has a locking switch. Have to use a key to change tunes.
ba3138bcbe56b47e100a387feaf2d15f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Just install a kill switch

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I've done this on several trucks. Especially since I frequently park at airports. They had to move my truck one time from valet parking in Tulsa and I had to tell the manager where my switch was!:doh: yes the truck was still there when I returned!

Latest posts

Members online