s362 fmw install

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
So I finally installed the 62 fmw I got from Matt @ CED along with his up pipes. I ran into a few snags along the way but none of them were component fitment issues, it was just fasteners that didn't want to cooperate and such. I also decided it would be the perfect opportunity to swap out fuel lines on the rear driver side head for the 90* fitting. I had Matt clearance that pipe but even with his work, it still made contact. I'll deal with it for now.

It runs great! It pulls hard. I haven't driven it too much and I haven't had the chance to really test it since the roads are nasty up here right now and although I got my tunes for this thing, I haven't had the chance to load them. I will say, the .91 turbine housing is nowhere near laggy as what some expected it might be. Anyways, I'll try to get more info when I can in regards to performance. Looking forward to driving this thing across country this summer. Here's some pics.

T4 up pipes installed. It wasn't difficult at all. I don't really remember exactly how I got them in but it involved a little twisting and turning and boom, they dropped right in….with the down pipe out of course.

t4up-pipe_zps7c470ce6.jpg

This is the turbo after I got the housing back from being polished.

1014099_10201845595716653_90017674_n_zps2fde155c.jpg

Modified oil feed line. As I mentioned to Matt, it could be about an inch shorter. I'll probably change out to nylon braid later since I managed to cut the f@*k out of my hands. Seems like every time I turned around the was a straggling strand just waiting to catch my hand/fingers.

s362oilfeed_zps4759fff9.jpg

Installed without the compressor housing. As you can see the feed line is a bit long and has a slight twist. The oem metal feed line could have been trimmed a little lower than what I did but I just picked a good spot and let it rip.

s362fmw_zpsf75199fe.jpg

Oil feed line after cutting, and deburring both the inner and outer walls.

fmwoilfeed_zpsd4819eca.jpg

Lastly, the final installed picture. If anyone would like to donate for a DC power alternator, I'll gladly accept donations. :thumbsup:

1510459_10201896180021229_1045754862_n_zpsb64e14bf.jpg

1fastTRX

Reaction score
Looks good! How does it compare to your previous turbo?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
The driving that I have done, it's fairly similar. There's no lag at all, throttle response is great (and that's with tunes not designed for it) but I haven't had more than 1/2 throttle yet so not a lot of info to pass. lol. The exhaust is loud though. Seems louder than the hybrid. haha

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The driving that I have done, it's fairly similar. There's no lag at all, throttle response is great (and that's with tunes not designed for it) but I haven't had more than 1/2 throttle yet so not a lot of info to pass. lol. The exhaust is loud though. Seems louder than the hybrid. haha

You're gonna want a muffler now lol. These things are stupid loud when you go non vgt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Once the roads clear up, I'll try to get some video. I tinkered with it today and was amazed at how fast the boost needle moves from 5 to 34 psi with a simple downshift and rpm increase and that was only 3/4 throttle. Just sucks living on an island with NO real estate to have fun with.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Can't wait to see how you like it out on the road. Hopefully we'll meet up.at an event once you move back down this way.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Oh I'll be down in the GA area and I'll be retiring down there too. Hoping to find myself at a Big Green Egg event while I'm there too!! Won't be long though!! I'll actually be about 3 hours from Rudy's place too.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
175/75's Gonna bump my ficm tuning up a wee bit and hopefully I can get my non-vgt tunes loaded soon.

All its going to do is hurt you, you need a ficm tune with fuel pulled, not more aggressive, all you need is the limiters removed and fuel pulled and let the ecm tuning handle everything.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
All its going to do is hurt you, you need a ficm tune with fuel pulled, not more aggressive, all you need is the limiters removed and fuel pulled and let the ecm tuning handle everything.

^^^This^^^ I've seen a couple trucks hit the dyno and lose power changing to a bigger FICM tune with non-VGT setups, even a large VGT setup with big injectors.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Agreed. It will run worse with the bigger ficm tune. Pedal might be more responsive but it will prob lose power. At least mine did...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganY

Reaction score
Right on! You'll love that charger. Drove Matts truck with an fmw, blew my cast out of the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Looking good shack, I'll probably be another 2 weeks out or so on my install. Sending the compressor housing to the same guy that polished yours, looks too good to not do at this point! Also need to order that 7.3 wire harness loom as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.