S366 6 Blade VS 11 Blade Wheel?

Kind

Reaction score
I got my new 66 sxe installed last night and all I can say is, WOW! What a night and day difference. Street ability has gone through the roof. I'm seeing between 10 to 15 pounds of boost now during regular street driving, compared to the old 366 with the 11 blade billet wheel, where I would only see about 3 to 6 pounds. Exhaust haze is almost completely gone now, and the top end is also way stronger than it ever was. I'm very pleased with this new charger

What size turbine wheel and a/r are you using?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
6.4, stage one dynamic diesel cam, IH HD ceramic coated pistons, chromoly pushrods, built heads, studs, midwest single turbo kit, bd exhaust manifolds and up pipes, 30% nozzles, Warren comp plus trans...

Can you get a video of a cruise down the road and maybe a WOT run/spool up?

right now with my billet 366 (66/73/.91) at 60 i'm at 3-6 psi (i'm on stock fuel).

if your boost jump from 3-6 to 10-15 cruising that's would be a huge jump in drivabillity for me.

STROKINforPOWER

Reaction score
Can you get a video of a cruise down the road and maybe a WOT run/spool up?

right now with my billet 366 (66/73/.91) at 60 i'm at 3-6 psi (i'm on stock fuel).

if your boost jump from 3-6 to 10-15 cruising that's would be a huge jump in drivabillity for me.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. When I referenced the 3-6 vs 10-15 pounds of boost, I was talking more about regular driving accelerating from zero to say 50 mph. With my billet 11 blade 66, I would see no more than 5 or 6 pounds of boost unless I throttled it to the point of excessive smoke, and only then would it begin to build more boost, very hesitantly. With the new s366sxe, accelerating from a stop up to 50mph is much nicer, building boost up to around 10 -15 lbs no problem with practically no smoke. I think the issue with the 11 blade is that it is trying to grab too much air at lower speeds, and the s300 turbine is just not large enough to drive it properly. The 11 blade really never would maintain any kind of useable boost unless I was wayyy into the throttle. This new sxe is still around 5-6 lbs of boost at 60mph, but will build boost instantaneously from that point with a flick of the pedal. Hope that cleared things up a bit. I will see about getting a video up shortly, but I've never done that before, so we'll see how it goes

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more specific. When I referenced the 3-6 vs 10-15 pounds of boost, I was talking more about regular driving accelerating from zero to say 50 mph. With my billet 11 blade 66, I would see no more than 5 or 6 pounds of boost unless I throttled it to the point of excessive smoke, and only then would it begin to build more boost, very hesitantly. With the new s366sxe, accelerating from a stop up to 50mph is much nicer, building boost up to around 10 -15 lbs no problem with practically no smoke. I think the issue with the 11 blade is that it is trying to grab too much air at lower speeds, and the s300 turbine is just not large enough to drive it properly. The 11 blade really never would maintain any kind of useable boost unless I was wayyy into the throttle. This new sxe is still around 5-6 lbs of boost at 60mph, but will build boost instantaneously from that point with a flick of the pedal. Hope that cleared things up a bit. I will see about getting a video up shortly, but I've never done that before, so we'll see how it goes

OK, no problem thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.