S366 single on a stock truck

Deezel

Reaction score
I am looking at a project truck. Running 6.4 all stock with a bad turbo. Being from the diesel world of 5.9's I have an S300 66mm T4. Just wondering what tuning or tuner is need to spool it. The truck has 250k and runs fine besides the squealing turbos... And the burning oil that is. I planned on d p f removal and intake.

Any input is great. Please school this noob

Last edited:

08Monster

Reaction score
I am looking at a project truck. Running 6.4 all stock with a bad turbo. Being from the diesel world of 5.9's I have an S300 66mm T4. Just wondering what tuning or tuner is need to spool it. The truck has 250k and runs fine besides the squealing turbos... And the burning oil that is. I planned on d p f removal and intake.

Any input is great. Please school this noob
Been there, done that. If you ever tow, do not get the 66. If you are at higher elevation, do not get the 66. If you never plan to add fuel, do not get the 66. A 64.5 or smaller SXE charger will be more than enough and spool better. A 63 would be fun on a stock fuel 6.4, spool and tow well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
The SX-E option is the only way to go on 6.4! Give Dallas a call here and he can answer all your questions. 8556234450.

08Monster

Reaction score

bigblue75

Reaction score
I but a mini maxx on and I was wondering what setting other guys are running My truck has the EGR is removed and it has 5 inch straight exhaust and a single turbo and I have it set on the default settings plus is there any way to get rid of the dtc codes p179a&p2263 I removed them and the keep coming back on

LaneyRacing

Reaction score
Big Blue I have a H&S also with a single setup and a lot other mods but I keep getting the same codes to because the singles do not use the twin system actuator and the codes keep showing on mine. I'm trying to find a solution but idk if I will

bigblue75

Reaction score
ok thanks Laney Racing let me know if you find anything and I will let you know if I do

TD-5

Reaction score
If you are running an H&S tuner you need to get the MCC custom tuning option so you can load custom tunes for your single turbo application. Withh MCC you can turn of the VGT programming & the codes you are seeing

Attachments

• turbo codes.jpg
    turbo codes.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 61

LaneyRacing

Reaction score
How do I get the mcc stuff.. I know my tuner has the mcc unlock but what website? Because H&S doesn't have the site anymore to download it?

bigblue75

Reaction score
I am new at this I got the mcc to download to my laptop put how do you get it to work like the snap shot you had td-5 I don't wont to screw anything up

TD-5

Reaction score
When you open MCC from your desktop, you should see a screen like the first picture. Click on the Icon in the upper left corner & that will open the H&S folder. In that folder there will be at least a "Definitions" folder & a "Tunes" folder.(in mine you see a bunch of other crap I've saved also) Open the "Tunes" folder & this is where you will save all the custom tunes you create or purchase. Yours should be empty until you export a base tune from your Mini Max onto its SD card & then cut or copy that tune from the "Custom" folder on the SD card to H&S/Tunes folder on your computer. Once that tune file is in the folder you can open it with MCC & change parameters as you like. Clear as Mud?
I would seriously recommend watching the 6 part video that H&S put together several years ago that explains MCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omA4K859tOc

Attachments

• open tune.jpg
    open tune.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 59
  • h&s folder.jpg
    h&s folder.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 59
  • tunes folder.jpg
    tunes folder.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts