SCT '15 factory tuning

ftast350

Reaction score
Well SCT now has tune files available on two platforms, the 7015 x4 and the 5015 livewire. Might just have to update my livewire!

ftast350

Reaction score
Sct hasnt had canned tunes until recently as far as i know! You could get the competition custom tunes from KEM or PIP though.

ftast350

Reaction score
Well loaded the Performance tune and performance trans tune and so far its ok nothing like a whole new truck or anything. For a 135hp tune its kinda hard to tell its there really, might need more drive time for the trans relearn though. Also I cant change any settings like tire size.

JRLott

Reaction score
I've run the performance/extreme for a bit. Seemed fairly well mannered, but would have turned sideways at 45-50 with the wet streets had it not been for traction control. Ran it a bit with dry streets. Would break the tire loose when punched at 15 mph. 28-29 psi boost.

Ran the tow tune to Houston & back its well mannered too and got about a half mpg better than stock. That could have been a fluke, though I tried to drive about the same on both trips.

Haven't run the street tune yet. Tow seems to run much better around town. The performance was definitely different at the higher RPMs.

Doesn't look like it will change tire size over stock, but will do smaller.

ftast350

Reaction score
I only have 3 options - engine tuning, trans tuning and speed limiter.

JRLott

Reaction score
I only have 3 options - engine tuning, trans tuning and speed limiter.

I have those and a bunch of questions/options about tire size, gearing, TPMS, and maybe one or two more. Tire size isn't much good as it stops at 34.1"...I think it starts at 31" or something rather crazy. I don't remember about gearing. The TPMS goes up to 110 front & rear.

ftast350

Reaction score
Is this on the X3 or the Livewire TS? because I do not have any of those options.
I put the street tunes on and it seems to be very smooth and more responsive! Little to no hesitation when leaving from a full stop, shifts are quicker, feels like its doing what I expect now and it has an overall better driveability. I can feel the differences with more seat time as I have only put maybe 40km on it tuned so far.

Last edited:

JRLott

Reaction score
X4

Didn't read you had a TS. I'd think they'd both have the same minimum options, though. Strange. Maybe someone with more knowledge about it these can chime in.

I've only had mine for two weeks. I got it instead of the Superchip so I can load custom tunes when I'm no longer able to keep my desire to delete it at bay.

ftast350

Reaction score
Ya I bought the ts used and I was originally going to put some custom tunes for my f150 I was going to build but ended up buying my 15 and thought I'd throw the canned tunes at it first to help with the urge to delete. So far so good... ish

Latest posts

Members online