SCT livewire is a BEAST!!

junglejoe

Reaction score
I put a lift and some 35's on my truck and destroyed the fuel milage! Lost about 4 mpg AND the power it cost me almost had me thinking of taking all that off . So, that's not going to cut it! Got A SCT livewire tuner from Innovative diesel and all I have to say is DAMN!! Unreal how much difference it makes... I tried each canned tune tow(65 hp)street(85) and the performance tune (120) PLUS I have a 140 on there too along with two other custom tunes from them.... I went playing and so far on the 120, seem the fuel mileage is better than it was stock!

Powerstroke_Cody

Reaction score
What kinds numbers are you seeing for mileage now? What did you see before? Is the livewire the only performance upgrades you have?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
That's great did you get radius arm drop or a new radius arm? Do you like you rough country. I'm running a bds 6" rides as good if not better than stock. I also have an sct not livewire but love results. Wish I got livewire. My friends looks cool with all the gauges and stuff

junglejoe

Reaction score
Powerstroke cody ,the live wire is the ONLY thing. I just ordered a 4 inch exhaust, 228 bucks shipped. I haven't installed that yet. Before the lift and tires, 16mpg driving normal city/highway. Added the lift and 35's, 11mpg. Now its right back at 15 give or take a few points on the 120 hp canned tune driving it somewhat normal! I think there is some more in mpg if I can keep my foot out of it.Going to fill it up and put it on the custom 140hp tune and see..

Last edited:

junglejoe

Reaction score
jban, Its dropped bracket for the radius arms. I'm going to upgrade to the 4 link bars soon! I had a 3 inch RC on it, it rode like a dream! Wasn't high enough so I did the 4.5 lift and added a dropped pitman arm, now nothing but trouble! Bump steer is almost dangerous! I think its the track bar bracket and the dropped pitman arm are fighting each other is what everyone is saying on here. Dropping it off tomorrow and hopefully get that issue fixed.

stock73

Reaction score
I just picked up a 6.0 and was looking at different tuners and custom tunes thank you for the insight!

junglejoe

Reaction score
I don't know about others... but I love the livewire! Simple, which is what I like!

jban126_f350

Reaction score
jban, Its dropped bracket for the radius arms. I'm going to upgrade to the 4 link bars soon! I had a 3 inch RC on it, it rode like a dream! Wasn't high enough so I did the 4.5 lift and added a dropped pitman arm, now nothing but trouble! Bump steer is almost dangerous! I think its the track bar bracket and the dropped pitman arm are fighting each other is what everyone is saying on here. Dropping it off tomorrow and hopefully get that issue fixed.

Yeah that sounds about right. Is the alignment alright on it? If you don't have them yet get dual stabilizers. Lots of kits come with it but i could be wrong. Not saying that will fix the bump steering. But it does make a difference. I hope it works out for you

junglejoe

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds about right. Is the alignment alright on it? If you don't have them yet get dual stabilizers. Lots of kits come with it but i could be wrong. Not saying that will fix the bump steering. But it does make a difference. I hope it works out for you
Yes, alignment is good, well, put it this way, it doesn't pull left or right. I have the dual steering stabilizers on there

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.