SCT no longer works after recall

DTL

Reaction score
For those of you who were curious, in the other threads I've read, the Ford emissions recall (14E03) will cause your SCT tuner to no longer load to your vehicle. I'm hoping it's a simple fix, but since it's Friday evening, I won't be able to get in to it until Monday. Has anybody gone through this and corrected it yet?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you who were curious, in the other threads I've read, the Ford emissions recall (14E03) will cause your SCT tuner to no longer load to your vehicle. I'm hoping it's a simple fix, but since it's Friday evening, I won't be able to get in to it until Monday. Has anybody gone through this and corrected it yet?

that sucks, not sure why people are following ANY recall unless ford holds the warranty void without it. I would say *** my powertrain warranty before I let them reflash my truck.

don - is this your screename ?

Last edited:

DTL

Reaction score
I would have been just fine to do without it, BUT; the scary letter they sent with the recall stated that they would potentially void the warranty and CA would not allow the vehicle registration to be renewed until it was completed, since it's emissions related. Good 'ol government.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Get ahold of who ever you bought your SCT tuner from and ask them if they can update your tunes for your new strategy codes from the recall/ flash.

DWhite

Reaction score
I got the same letter but trashed it since all my emissions stuff fell off.
My dad got one for his 12 and 14 and tossed them as well. He is still stock so maybe he should take them in.

I would trying talking to whoever sold the tuner and ask them about it.

DTL

Reaction score
A tune update is in process (thanks to bigrpowr). I just wanted to post my experience, since I hadn't seen any post-recall feedback from anyone else. My dealer claimed that the reflash would lower temps during regen and provide better drivability. I'll run it stock for a few days, but I'd be surprised if I noticed any difference.

Last edited:

DTL

Reaction score
Just to update this thread (since I hate searching, only to find threads with my exact problem but no resolution)

I was able to update my SCT tuner via their software and they seem to have support for Ford's new update sorted out. I was able to flash the truck and I haven't had any issues.

Gearhead

Reaction score
They loosened the tolerances on the sensors in the exhaust from what I've heard.... in stock form, the truck is "less" likely to leave you on the side of the road....LOL

DTL

Reaction score
I had an EGT sensor go bad on me, right after I bought the truck. It threw a check-engine light, but I was still able to drive it.

nick0360

Reaction score
Matt you wrote me some tunes amonth ago, haven't uploaded them yet but had the recall done last week will I be all set or do I need a new tune?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.