SCT programmer hiccup after EGR DELETE

eiorg9

Reaction score
Alright so i recently did an EGR delete kit from Sinister Diesel and after i buttoned it up as i was supposed to i re-programmed my truck and chose that YES i had disabled the EGR system. When my truck was done programming i had a wrench light in my odometer and was nervous so i rechecked everything MULTIPLE times and i had done everything correct, which i had. So this morning i called SCT on the advice of a FORD diesel mechanic who came to my house over the weekend and looked over every thing that i had done. Even with the EGR disabled the only time i could get the light off is when we put the EGR manifold back in and connected the wiring harnesses. (obviously we couldnt keep it like that bc we wouldnt be able to even close the hood with that big old bulky EPA piece of garbage hanging around). So i called SCT this morning and after an hour and a half waiting i talked with a guy who was an absolute jerk bc i was asking him all the questions that i had. Forgive me if im wrong but after spending $1500 i think im entitled to a few questions when my programmer isnt working as advertised. After much BS he told me that i would have to find something to plug into the wiring harnesses that stayed in the truck for the light to come on. Something about how i needed to find a proper resistor so that the PCM doesnt think that the EGR is still there...isnt that why i bought a programmer??? I just need some help bc after hearing so much garbage from the SCT tech dept. im ready to throw up due to nausea. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated. Also is this something a custom tune will fix? I thought by buying the SCT HOT pkg i was bypassing the custom tune side of things but who knows anymore.

All i know is that if i had to do things over, i would stay FAR FAR away from SCT after that customer service experience!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
SCT canned tunes do not remove emissions, if you bought one as a race tuner look under the custom tunes section. And because of that, that would be why SCT couldn't help you. They don't do those types of tunes.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
which is why you call the person you bought it from.

if you just bought it off ebay without doing any research, you may have gotten exactly what you paid for, unfortunately :eek:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If you purchased an older device that was emissions removal capable, then SCT needs to help you get things figured out and I am very sure that they will do that because their support staff is very knowledgeable.

If you bought a current tuner (like an X4 part number 7015) Then you are at the expense of the place you bought it from because as far as SCT is concerned it doesn't do DPF/EGR deletes.

eiorg9

Reaction score
If you purchased an older device that was emissions removal capable, then SCT needs to help you get things figured out and I am very sure that they will do that because their support staff is very knowledgeable.

If you bought a current tuner (like an X4 part number 7015) Then you are at the expense of the place you bought it from because as far as SCT is concerned it doesn't do DPF/EGR deletes.

The part number is 9625 and i purchased it directly from SCT. I have tried to call them back and i just wrote them an email but why in the world would it claim to have EGR deleting capabilities when the fact of the matter is that it does not?!

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The canned tunes in the 9625OR do NOT support EGR delete's even though it asks that question. You will have to get a custom tune for the EGR delete. I used to have that same tuner and I had that same issue. Just get a custom tune for it and call it a day.

eiorg9

Reaction score
which is why you call the person you bought it from.

if you just bought it off ebay without doing any research, you may have gotten exactly what you paid for, unfortunately :eek:

i bought it directly from SCT. So hopefully i should get what i paid for!!!!

eiorg9

Reaction score
Just an update to all that SCT does not and will not take care of the EGR issue as long as you delete that crappy throttle body. If you keep the throttle body then you might be fine but as long as its deleted, your always going to throw a code.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
Just an update to all that SCT does not and will not take care of the EGR issue as long as you delete that crappy throttle body. If you keep the throttle body then you might be fine but as long as its deleted, your always going to throw a code.
You were told pretty much this earlier in the thread...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

and widely known had you done any bit of research here. i'm pretty sure SCT hasn't advertised the ability to do such things in years, and you certainly didnt pay the going rate for one that would.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.