sct X4 issues

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
ive been deleted since last august with the sct x4 tuner i got from no limit fab, i just tried to go from my street tune back to my load first tune which im assuming is ok and its the equivalent to stock power just deleted. everything went as planned followed the directions as per the programmer. i try and start it and it starts and runs for about 15 seconds then dies on me, i have p200c and p200e codes both having to deal with sensors. but i can reload my street tune on the truck and it cranks up just fine. what gives? what do i need to do so that i can load my different tunes on my truck?

spanky24365

Reaction score
Load first file is not your stock file you need to load that before you load a deleted tune. Tow tune is the lowest power offering I believe so you would need to load the load first file then then tow file

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I don't even know what the "load first" file is. I didn't have one.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I have a '15...with an X4. All I had to do was load the tune I wanted....DPF on and off didn't matter.

strokin20

Reaction score
just guessing here, but i'm thinking it's for the custom tunes. i didnt bother trying to load the canned tunes on the X4, went straight to the custom and I had the load first file as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
all sct for 6.7 have it.

I have to disagree, Mike.
I got my files via email from our friend. The only thing on my X4 is a street file and a race file. I have never once loaded any other file on my truck. DPF on it was just the street file and DPF off I returned to stock then loaded the new street file. I don't know how or why...I just know what I have.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
OK...got some clarification. Load First is only for delete files. Since I already had a DPF on file loaded and I guess I just wrote over that and didn't return to stock first (thought I did but I guess not) the first DPF on file acted as a Load First file. That said....I've still never seen a Load First or loaded one but apparently there's a work around. If I ever return to stock then I'd need to use that file first.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
It just depends on who's tuning you're running, load first is what you do before loading a custom tune. You can go between any custom tune with out having to do the load first tune again, but if you program back to stock you will have to do the load first tune again before going to a custom tune.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
That's what I was curious about was having to do it each time I wanted to switch between tunes. Cool business, waiting is the hard part now lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
OK...got some clarification. Load First is only for delete files. Since I already had a DPF on file loaded and I guess I just wrote over that and didn't return to stock first (thought I did but I guess not) the first DPF on file acted as a Load First file. That said....I've still never seen a Load First or loaded one but apparently there's a work around. If I ever return to stock then I'd need to use that file first.

well there ya go.

Latest posts

Members online