Seatbelt Light and Dinger?

imelmo

Reaction score
So I had one little hic-up when I was installing my stereo system this weekend. When I was pulling the seat out I forgot to unplug the seatbelt dinger plug and it pulled the wires out of the plug. :doh: LOL

Is there a way to bypass this thing so neither the light nor the dinger comes on so I don't have to go buy another seat belt clip?

I thought cutting the plug off and wiring the 2 wires together would work but it didn't.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Get in the owners manual.... You can disable the seat belt minder with this obnoxious sequence of buckling and unbuckling the seat belt.

imelmo

Reaction score
Get in the owners manual.... You can disable the seat belt minder with this obnoxious sequence of buckling and unbuckling the seat belt.

Permanently or is it something you have to do every time?

Zmann

Reaction score
permanetly and the reminder light will come on but only for a munute

Denver

Reaction score
I would try and leave it unplugged without the wires touching each other. I just unplug mine on.

02BigD

Reaction score
Strange. If you unplug the connectors, no more dinger. Maybe make certain the wires aren't touching, that should resolve the issue.

imelmo

Reaction score
I would try and leave it unplugged without the wires touching each other. I just unplug mine on.

Strange. If you unplug the connectors, no more dinger. Maybe make certain the wires aren't touching, that should resolve the issue.

Turns out that works. LOL I had just ASSumed it would keep dinging when I saw it so I tried hooking them together to stop it. No dinger with 'em unattached. :D

Latest posts

Members online