Sensor help

d7es3l

Reaction score
Truck is a 1997 7.3 auto. All stock. It is leaking fuel fairly badly out of the sensor on the pressure regulator on the bowl. Here is a picture for reference
aga7y9eh.jpg

My question is, what is this sensor? As it's not on my 1995 manual & can I just install a plug and forget about it? It is leaking near the base at the threads. Thanks for any info.

Bugman

Reaction score
It is the fuel restriction sensor and yes you can just plug it as long as you change your filter regularly. If you replace it with a plug just don't tighten it too much or you will end up cracking the FPR housing and need another one

d7es3l

Reaction score
It is the fuel restriction sensor and yes you can just plug it as long as you change your filter regularly. If you replace it with a plug just don't tighten it too much or you will end up cracking the FPR housing and need another one

Thank you for your help

Reaction score
Use a 1/8 NPT plug with some "yellow" teflon tape on the threads. As mentioned, DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN it. Your 95 has one as well, but it is on the back side of the filter bowl down low (much more of a pain to plug with the early trucks). Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.