Shifted axle after lift?

Agjake11

Reaction score
Its the bed most likely, mines the same way. think trevor said the tolerance is pretty big on the bed alignment.

strokefreak

Reaction score
My OCD is going to drive me nuts over it. Haha, it does appear to be off a little after closer look. Oh well, guess i just need to quit looking at it.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Take a long level and put it against the tire and get it leveled vertically, then measure from the inside of the level to the center outside of the rear wheel opening. Do this on both sides and compare measurements.

strokefreak

Reaction score
Spent some time looking and searching this afternoon. It appears that the driver rear leaf pack is sitting lower than the other side. Almost like its sagging and wore out already. Driver side tire top to bottom of fender is 1/2" shorter than the pass side. Stood back and looked at it and it definitely seemsto leanto driver side rear.
Its got the OE springs with top overload. I do tow 15-16k regulary with it. Surely the leafs are not wearing that fast.

Chris.v

Reaction score
My buddies 12 f350 with 6" Lift did the same thing. He wound up using a spacer on one side because it was driving him nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokefreak

Reaction score
True. Didnt think of the fuel tank. I do have a aux tank also. Maybe im just over analyzing it. My OCD wont let me let it go.
That may be an option Chris v. Its surely driving me nuts.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Mine also sits low on the driver's side. My bed was also off from one side to the other after I got my line-x done. They took the bed bolts out to spray and I guess with them walking in it to spray it shifted slightly one way. I took it to a friend of mine at a body shop and they got it lined back up the correct way. Look down the side of the truck from the front fender well and you can see if the bed is off.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Fuel tank is on the drivers side. It will always be a little lower. Keep in mind one gal of diesel weighs 20 lbs.

Wow. I'll take some of that diesel!!! In my industry they call it heavy fuel oil. But it's still lighter than that....

To the op-- your probably seeing an optical illusion due to the fact your FRONT axle shifted leaving the rear axle sticking out looking funny all alone on one side.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I've got a single drawer pack rat in the back of my truck. Right side to counter the spongy rear leafs for the fuel tank Fwiw.

strokefreak

Reaction score
Hahahahaha. Got my rear traction bars today. Waiting for the rest of the goodies.
juharapa.jpg

Latest posts

Members online