Single to compound questions.

durka_ferka_9000

Reaction score
Is there any advantages/disadvantages to running compounds in the stock location vs. Running the atmo by the passenger battety (example)?

Upgrading from a single to compounds, what frame/flange would be ideal? (T4, s300)

Would the h&s 64 be a good turbo to eventually compound with a larger 82 or 88?

Thanks

stroker221

Reaction score
Not enough room with an s400 turbo and another in the valey. Atmosphere turbo in passenger battery location makes it easier to plumb and to change chargers. Depends what your goals are s300 turbos spool quicker than 400's. If you want good spool up use a s300 with a s400 based turbo.

Hope that helps I'm no expert but just do some research and look at what everyone else is runnin

durka_ferka_9000

Reaction score
I know, my question was is there an advantage to stock appearing turbos vs full frame turbos.

Also, is a t4 pedestal and a s300 based turbo a good high pressure charger, that can be run as a single before adding a atmo.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I think the main advantage to the stock appearing turbos are cost, and you don't have to move things around. Also they retain vgt which helps spool up. Not sure on the best high pressure turbo but I believe a few guys are running s300s as the high pressure turbo.

durka_ferka_9000

Reaction score
Cost is the only reason im asking about it lol. Wondering if saving up for stock appearing turbos is is worth the wait, or a single with plans to upgrade later (i realize in the long run it be more expensive, but it would give me options later on)

I'm interested who has added on to there single to make a compound set up. Or is it not worth it, as in your high pressure turbo wouldn't run very well as a single, or if you want a good responsive compound set up the single wouldn't be a good high pressure.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
A lot of people run anything from 60-70 for high pressure turbos. Very commonly people run an s366. They are cheap and easy to come by. There are also a few ways to make them flow more and potentially last longer. A 66mm works great as a single. It doesn't necessarily give you much more power than stock turbos but it still spools well and gives you room to grow. You can add a big turbo in front of the 66 to make a compound set up. They way Morgan arranges his compounds with both turbos facing forward allows you to have a single and upgrade down the road, if that's how you want to do things. I hope this answers what you're asking.

durka_ferka_9000

Reaction score
A lot of people run anything from 60-70 for high pressure turbos. Very commonly people run an s366. They are cheap and easy to come by. There are also a few ways to make them flow more and potentially last longer. A 66mm works great as a single. It doesn't necessarily give you much more power than stock turbos but it still spools well and gives you room to grow. You can add a big turbo in front of the 66 to make a compound set up. They way Morgan arranges his compounds with both turbos facing forward allows you to have a single and upgrade down the road, if that's how you want to do things. I hope this answers what you're asking.
That it does, thank you. Im assuming you're reffering to morgan from midwest?

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yes. Simply because recently he a built a couple trucks that have both turbos facing forward. This would allow you to buy a single turbo kit now and then upgrade down the road. This is because single turbo kits keep the single facing forward, then utilize his "add a turbo" kit to that to make a compound set up. I believe he was talking about making that an option that he offers. You'd have to contact him on it and the specifics though.

durka_ferka_9000

Reaction score
Yes. Simply because recently he a built a couple trucks that have both turbos facing forward. This would allow you to buy a single turbo kit now and then upgrade down the road. This is because single turbo kits keep the single facing forward, then utilize his "add a turbo" kit to that to make a compound set up. I believe he was talking about making that an option that he offers. You'd have to contact him on it and the specifics though.
Again, thank you. I will give him a shout for sure

Latest posts

Members online