Single turbo info

Cknox121

Reaction score
Matt turns off OD in tow-haul. This allows you to manually select 4th which is nice.

I'm surprised you're not seeing more boost at WOT though. His tunes are clean at WOT on my little truck and it won't do 1550 most of the time. What altitude are you at?

Altitude is in OP iirc around 200ish I would have to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Just made a wot run on performance. Be later on before I get video up. Guess what! Blow a boot lol. Poor intercooler pipes, they getting beat up.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I resorted to just the normal non-spring clamps like what's on the cold side. Cranked them down and viola..holds well into the 40's. Aquanet hairspray does wonders. don't know what's in that stuff, but it works really well. Use them on our sled grips and our bikes.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I resorted to just the normal non-spring clamps like what's on the cold side. Cranked them down and viola..holds well into the 40's. Aquanet hairspray does wonders. don't know what's in that stuff, but it works really well. Use them on our sled grips and our bikes.

Hair sprayed and cleaned them all. Should hold.

I glanced over during wot and see about 38ish on boost... This has me wondering since Morgan is seeing 50

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Hair sprayed and cleaned them all. Should hold.

I glanced over during wot and see about 38ish on boost... This has me wondering since Morgan is seeing 50

My 6.0 would see 45-48 psi out of 66. Have you checked for up pipe leek.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why you keep blowing boots? My truck holds 62-63 psi and it doesn't ever blow boots. Is there not a lip on all of the intercooler pipes or the turbo?

Cknox121

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why you keep blowing boots? My truck holds 62-63 psi and it doesn't ever blow boots. Is there not a lip on all of the intercooler pipes or the turbo?

Only ones that arnt clamped over the lip is the bottom boot on intercooler and turbo outlet. I think I got them all holding now. Just need to give it hell.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Where the up-pipes mate to the pedistal tight? Put new gaskets in there? Didn't get your t4 flange gasket in there wrong? Factory boots on the inlet of the intercooler torn? Those things are POS..

Edit: Any black smoke on the fire wall that you can see?

Cknox121

Reaction score
No smoke I can see. Been all over it with a flashlight and mirror. All boots are new.gaskets good to go.

Reaction score
Yeah, we have bead rolls on out charge pipe. I'm not exactly sure why your blowing boots. Cody has a terrible angle on his that was causing it along with a turbo with the reduced outlet size.

Our truck with a 475 would spool and do a burnout. So idk, the 66 truck is way better spooling than the 475 truck. In fact the 66 truck can take the 475 truck for a little while.....

Turbo sizing makes a lot to do with how your truck spools and total boost. A smaller turbine generally makes a little lower boost and a little more sluggish. If it's not sized right it will not drive the turbine hard enough. Same goes for a turbine that is too large or has too big of turbine a/r.

There may be a lot of theories about what works and doesn't. I'm not going to enter an argument. All I will say is that the one we have works. I have no experience with the other kits.

Latest posts

Members online