Single turbo instal question/review/thoughts

CT9AIX

Reaction score
not trying to speak on MPD's behalf, but I believe the new kits have done away with the "economy" style kits and these new ones are going to replace the entire pedestal along with everything under the turbo where the oil return lines usually drain into. from the pictures they posted in their vendor section it looks VERY nice

johnp115

Reaction score
not trying to speak on MPD's behalf, but I believe the new kits have done away with the "economy" style kits and these new ones are going to replace the entire pedestal along with everything under the turbo where the oil return lines usually drain into. from the pictures they posted in their vendor section it looks VERY nice

Just checked it out, and from the minor struggles i dealt with putting my single on, the new kit looks like itll be very sweet

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Just checked it out, and from the minor struggles i dealt with putting my single on, the new kit looks like itll be very sweet

i'm excited to see it too. mpd has been coming out with a lot of awesome stuff on the cnc machines so i'm sure this will be second to none also

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We are making a first run of 6 kits. So stay tuned! We are very excited. I should have some pictures for you today!

johnp115

Reaction score
Going to the track friday night.

Go pro will be attatched to the window looking at the minimax.

What 4 guages do you all want to see?

And daily driving, this turbo feels way easier on the trans. With the way i drive, i actually feel my trans would last longer with this than stock turbos

getstroked27

Reaction score
i know you have a stock trans, launch around 13-15 PSI. i didnt see over 1275 EGT on the track, stock fuel, 366, stock trans. we also have very different tuning, i have PPEI tunes. have fun bro, this is a very fun street setup. lights super quick.

getstroked27

Reaction score
13.9@100, 1.8 60' on a canned H&S trans tune(4th gear lockup) and 37" toyos. going back soon with a PPEI drag trans tune (2nd gear lockup) and a fixed boost leak. hopefully i run faster, i only saw 27 PSI :lame:

johnp115

Reaction score
13.9@100, 1.8 60' on a canned H&S trans tune(4th gear lockup) and 37" toyos. going back soon with a PPEI drag trans tune (2nd gear lockup) and a fixed boost leak. hopefully i run faster, i only saw 27 PSI :lame:

Oh wow haha,

How do you like ppei tunes with the single?

Do you hit 900-1000* daily?
I daily drive my truck and think this setup may not be 100% my style because i drive my truck aloooooott.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
That sucks... lol. No offense though. Hopefully it does a lot better with some tune revisions like you said. You're running the H&S kit right?

Text incoming John

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

getstroked27

Reaction score
yeah, i wasn't exactly happy. but oh well thats how the game is played. i love the tune. runs very smooth, fuel comes in pretty hard though. not the best street tune. yeah, if im on the throttle a bit, itll fuel and ht 850-900. i did see about 1100 pulling up a hill at 75, truck was hazing, it was an ugly scene. but i daily my truck, drive it everywhere. i have the H&S motorsports single kit, the open plenum design flows really freely with low boost, its not always trying to snap into boost.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
#1 Is done... 5 more to go, then we will release these.

F107306357.jpg

F107306549.jpg

F107306653.jpg

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

canned H&S tunes command lockup at WOT in gears 2, 3, 4, and 5

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I think mine at 75 is about 8-900 degrees. Lights pretty quick from there. But my truck always hazes due to the big nozzles. Drove it home from ts this year 800 miles and did great

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

getstroked27

Reaction score
yeah i dont even have 800 miles on my build yet. four track passes, a street race, and 500 miles of in town driving, 200 or highway. i got 14.2 MPG at 75 MPH though. with a haze and i averaged about 850-1000 (hilly roads). need a street tune, no reason to haze on stock fuel.

Latest posts

Members online