Sinister blue cap kit, worth it or no?

alan_0915

Reaction score
Is it worth the $200?? Yea it looks good, yea it's billet, but is it worth it? Just out of curiosity because I have already broken one fuel filter cap because it was torqued down too tight from a shop. Opinions are greatly appreciated.

BlAcKeNeD

Reaction score
Not worth it to me... what mods do you have? what are you looking for out of your truck? Man 200 bucks goes a long way on a lot of other things... plus if you get a bypass oil filter kit it will come with new caps depending on the kit... but if you want to open the hood and show off the caps... Go for it.. just my .02

alan_0915

Reaction score
Yea, I'm looking for every small thing I can do to prevent putting my truck in the shop over small stuff. It's a daily driver, not a race truck, I do drive it hard however. I have a lead foot. It's bulletproofed, studs, new fuel pump, 4" turboback straight pipe, sct tunes (the five that come on it) and I keep it on performance tune.

Merc82

Reaction score
Bypass filtration, is always a good idea. IMHO. Skip that Sinister BS.

Merc82

Reaction score
Bulletproof Diesel sells billet caps, that is where I got mine.

f3502wd

Reaction score
Yea, I'm looking for every small thing I can do to prevent putting my truck in the shop over small stuff. It's a daily driver, not a race truck, I do drive it hard however. I have a lead foot. It's bulletproofed, studs, new fuel pump, 4" turboback straight pipe, sct tunes (the five that come on it) and I keep it on performance tune.

I can assure you that blue billet caps will not keep your truck out of the shop. You might want to spend that 200 bucks on some REAL tunes. That will help you stay out of the shop.

alan_0915

Reaction score
@f3502wd I realize tunes are worth $200 before billet caps... I stated earlier that I had already busted one fuel filter cap because it was torqued too tight.

rentstdi

Reaction score
FYI, to remove the anodized coating on aluminum parts use oven cleaner. I have used easy off way too many times to remove the pretty coating for radio control parts for years. Just let it soak in easy off for a few minutes then rinse it off. You might have to use a brush for small areas .

I'm not condoning getting the sinister part I'm just saying how to remove the blue coAting companies put on their stuff

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.