Slicks

kdogg85

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to go to the track this summer to see what et's my truck would put down, having a baby puts a damper on things like this, not that it's a bad thing though.

Anywho, next summer, I wat to send this thing down the track. Well, my current tires will make one heck of a smoke show and not go anywhere(275/65/20's) assuming I launch anything over 12psi. Does anyone make a slick that is that ta,ll but around 16'' or so wide? The biggest I have found is 33-17.50's. I would like to keep 4wd if possible.

This is strictly for the track and I know would look stuipid having a foot of tire hanging out but should get the job done nicely.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
You don't need anything that big. We have the mh nostalgia slicks I think they are 31.5-13 on king Kong and that's more than what we will need. The 12" wide ones will be more than enough for you. Are you airing down when at the track?

EEEEEHHHHHH powered by this (╯°□°)╯

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
yzu5u8ah.jpg

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I got m&h street slicks. Dot approved. 30inch tall on 16's. I ran 10.2@137 no problem. Some 12vs are pulling 1.45 60s with them. Or like Mike said the tires they have, be careful buying tires if you want to run certain classes, nhrda superstreet has to be dot approved, prostreet can run slicks. Prostreet class steped it up huge this year. You have to run 9.30's to be competitive in that class now

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Also what year truck cause you will have issues with fitting 16s 05 and up

kdogg85

Reaction score
It's an 07. I was thinking of having dual pattern rotors and flanges made up so i could run a 4.5 bolt pattern for the wheels, spacers would be easiest, but that may put too much outward stress on the axles.

I'm not in for competition, just the local get out and have fun stuff. I would like to try out comp racing but just don't really have the time to be week in and out, plus I hate bracket racing. I am looking at running an off the shelf wheel as I have a 41 willys in the garage at the moment and they will wind up on there, that's my real reason for such a wide wheel and tire.

I do have 4 link all the way around now and that done wonders for the front wheel traction, but they still have no prayer at anything over 12psi.

thanks fella's, no I haven't tried airing them down any.

OBS Boysel

Reaction score
Not trying to talk you out of them but remember Slicks are not cheap, do you really want to buy a set of slicks for 1 or 2 passes when you can run in to the 11's on street tires?:shrug:

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Hey bud I am no drag racing expert, so take these other guys advice before mine, but This past weekend I watched a Cummins run 10.39 and 10.40 on stock rims and tires. I believe his 60s were just under 1.7. I would think with a good set of 35x13.5s aired down, you should be able to cut even better 60' times.

Latest posts

Members online