Small victories

SevenThree

Reaction score
I successfully completed my first solo injector job last night. Ok, I know this is nothing to most of you but it was a pretty big bite for me so I'm pretty proud of myself. I'd say it went smoothly but that'd be a lie, lol.

bragover.

Thanks to all who answered my psd hotline questions.

Sent from my mind using ESP.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Congrats!
First time I did injectors I spent more time looking up "how to's" on the forums then I did on the job lol. Whats next? In cab studs springs and push rods?

SevenThree

Reaction score
Ha no, maybe hybrids come spring time, we will see. Transmission in the next month, hope to order my TC this week sometime.

Cooperpooper, it took me a long time but not all weekend. Ass.

02BigD

Reaction score
you_win_the_prize.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
the real question is... did you pull head drains or just roll it over with glowplugs removed

SevenThree

Reaction score
Does both count as a legitimate answer? I know that if I had to do it over I'd just yank the glow plugs when I pulled the injectors.

4cstr

Reaction score
I remember when I pulled my injectors last year. Scared to freakin death...but couldn't afford what the shops around here wanted for labor. Then to discover small parts of the o-rings sitting down in the cups...yikes.

SevenThree

Reaction score
Not sure how to take the balls comment... Lol.
Thanks guys.

I was pretty intimidated but besides the hectic issues I had, when it was going smoothly, I enjoyed it. The rough parts taught me a ton though, I feel like I am leaps and bounds further than I was when I started.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
First time I did injectors I had a simultaneous internet crash at the shop.

Only dumb thing I did while working through it unguided was crank it to clean the cylinders without the VC's on.

Amazing how much oil drains into the cylinders.

Nowadays I have a cattle syringe and some tubing in the toolbox to clear the cylinders with. And I have a coke and fart around after I pull one injector per side.

Takes a few minutes that way, but it's cleaner lol.

02BigD

Reaction score
Nowadays I have a cattle syringe and some tubing in the toolbox to clear the cylinders with. And I have a coke and fart around after I pull one injector per side.

Takes a few minutes that way, but it's cleaner lol.

So the entire rail dumps into that one cylinder per side?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
No, but the greater part does. Alleviates me being in an awkward position for an extended amount of time pumping out 5,7,6,8.

SevenThree

Reaction score
It's kind of like holding a baby when you're not accustom to it, once you realize they're tougher than you think they are then you get over your intimidation. I'm def less worried about motor excursions in my future now that I got my feet wet.

SevenThree

Reaction score
I've assisted in CRs and 12vs a few times and lightly assisted once in a 7.3 but never alone.

Latest posts

Members online