Snap on scanner perdel

Copracr

Reaction score
This is a question for you guys that remember using the snap on brick scanner (mt2500 model).
I have the 01 Ford cartridge and I don't think I can do a perdel PID. Is this a limitation of the scanner or the cartridge?

I think I remember there being a diesel cartridge that I don't have, and I know there are programmable ones that have everything. I didn't want to buy those if they won't give me the perdel% though. I would go get the AE setup, but I work on too many different cars for a brand specific scanner.

Copracr

Reaction score
You can get AE that will work on whatever you want.

it would, but for the price I'd be better off buying a used modis/solis. Or just finding out if this old cheap scanner can do the job.

Zmann

Reaction score
that MT wants a key , cable and cartridge for everything from what I had read

I think the A/E is much better IMHO

Zmann

Reaction score
quick Google looks like you may not get the PERDEL without going up the snap on line up ?

Copracr

Reaction score
quick Google looks like you may not get the PERDEL without going up the snap on line up ?

thanks zmann. I've been googling for an hour and haven't seen where anyone could do it either. I may need to make friends with someone that has A/E :)

Zmann

Reaction score
where u live ?

Maybe Hit the local chapter ?

We AZPSG guys loan ours Around AZ when needed

JLDickmon

Reaction score
limitation of the cartridge - TO A POINT

Snap On hasn't supported the Bricks in quite some time. And as far as jungle outlay, AE and a cheapo laptop from Wally World MIGHT set you back $750.
Even less if you buy something off Craigslist..

as far as upgrading to a new professional grade scan tool, I like the OTC/Mac/Matco Interrogator/Determinator the best, but it's only going to be another five or so years and they won't support them any more.

The new tablet scanner that Mac has out looks like a pretty good deal for $4000. I traded my Modis in on a new Verus, and the VERY NEXT WEEK here comes the Mac guy with his..

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ive got the snapon, ae and a ton of other scanners and I think the AE is the best way to go. If I was starting over and had to buy just one Id buy the AE. You add software keys to it based on what brand you need or you can buy all of them in a bundle price. The advantage is it should never "wear" out. The snapon tool is going to give you problems eventually and its not really something you can "replace" easily.

If you notebook computer gets toasted just buy another one and keep going. Yes you could damage the cables but they are far less likely to be effected by dropping them than the snapon unit would be.

Also you can update/upgrade the AE package as time goes buy. There isnt anymore support for the unit your considering from snapon.

Latest posts

Members online