Snow performance

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Any of you have a problem with not shutting it off? I left it on and didn't think it would matter as it was not activated for a few minutes but when I went out later to restart the truck, I had a hard crank and then a cloud of steam out the exhaust.

I tried it again but shut the system off 8-10 minutes before I actually parked and didn't have a problem. Maybe my settings are a bit off.

I see 0 EGT's drop with just the single nozzle going. Just installed it yesterday so have not had much time with it to tweak the settings. Might set it like some have already. Any ideas!

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Any of you have a problem with not shutting it off? I left it on and didn't think it would matter as it was not activated for a few minutes but when I went out later to restart the truck, I had a hard crank and then a cloud of steam out the exhaust.

I tried it again but shut the system off 8-10 minutes before I actually parked and didn't have a problem. Maybe my settings are a bit off.

I see 0 EGT's drop with just the single nozzle going. Just installed it yesterday so have not had much time with it to tweak the settings. Might set it like some have already. Any ideas!

I have seen a few people complaining about leaky solenoids with the snow kits, so you may have gotten a faulty one.... if it was bad enough to cause issues with the truck starting I would pull the nozzle out after you cut the truck off and leave it armed and see if it is indeed leaking or something and possibly call snow... all it should be able to leak out is what's left in the line so hopefully it's an easy fix and not something else.wrong

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
true.

tonight i went out and in the mpg mode i was fine, when i go into power mode it feels like it is stumbling badly. shut it off and it clears right up. i may need to go down to one MPG injector and one power injector,

strokin6L

Reaction score
I don't see how a faulty solenoid is going to make that happen...never had a problem with mine. I ran it for a long time without a solenoid and ran it for a while with one. never experienced what you did. I run two nozzles...a 175ml/min and a 625ml/min. Have in starting to inject at 15psi and full at 30psi.

Last edited:

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I don't see how a faulty solenoid is going to make that happen...never had a problem with mine. I ran it for a long time without a solenoid and ran it for a while with one. never experienced what you did. I run two nozzles...a 175ml/min and a 625ml/min. Have in starting to inject at 15psi and full at 30psi.

i agree, i could have shut it off too late and was activated closer to parking then i thought.

the stumbling is either due to too much injection in general or at too low of a boost (15 PSI) but that is what trial and error is about. you start at 15 PSI for the power setting right? or is that when the entire system starts?

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
when i activate the system...it wont start to inject until boost reaches 15psi. Then wont fully inject till boost reaches 30psi. I have the stage II controller. The stage III/MGP max controller has more adjustability and control.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I changed my settings to mimic yours. the MPG setting is at 8 PSI and then power comes on at 16 and max is at 28.

runs smoother for sure with less quench. i might try to spike the meth percentage with some gas line antifreeze to see if that helps. or buy a smaller max nozzle.

thanks for the tips fellas

strokin6L

Reaction score
good deal glad i could help. You probably had it coming on too soon and it was putting the fire out. Happened to me once once i found out the right spot to have it coming on at.

MorganY

Reaction score
you're supposed to let the truck run 10-15 minutes before you shut it off. especially if you are using all three nozzles, and the power mode has been on a bunch. I have seen my truck actually have the mixture pooling up in the intake. snow says it CAN hydrolock the motor...

Mdub707

Reaction score
My buddy had a faulty solenoid that leaked, he parked nose down on a hill and it hydrolocked the motor on him. Had to pump it all out before he could fire it up.

strokin6L

Reaction score
still don't understand how a solenoid can do that cause you need pump pressure in order for anything to get sprayed out of the nozzle. Without the pump running...how is anything coming out of the nozzle to make it hydrolock?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
still don't understand how a solenoid can do that cause you need pump pressure in order for anything to get sprayed out of the nozzle. Without the pump running...how is anything coming out of the nozzle to make it hydrolock?

Depending on where the truck is sitting and the placement of the nozzles and solenoid say you are sitting facing down hill and the solenoid leaks it won't be a forced into the engine like it would if the pump was running but it can let the fluid in the lines leak into piping... Most of the time it's a very little amount and you may never notice it, I think it would have to be a whole lot leaking to hydrolock the engine but I can see it being enough to make it smoke a little on startup... I know when I first put my kit in and was playing around with it I accidentally made it inject into the truck at idle and the truck ran like absolute crap and smoked badly

strokin6L

Reaction score
in order for anything to get into the intake manifold...the nozzles themselves would have to leak. Without pressure going to the nozzles pushing the fluid out...i still don't see anything leaking past the nozzles and going into the manifold. Maybe i'm not getting something.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
in order for anything to get into the intake manifold...the nozzles themselves would have to leak. Without pressure going to the nozzles pushing the fluid out...i still don't see anything leaking past the nozzles and going into the manifold. Maybe i'm not getting something.

I just know when I was looking at kits, I think it was over on the nation there was a thread with people talking about there leaking solenoids from snow causing puddling inside the piping and what not, also in the thread I started here talking abut water/meth kits there was quite a few people who said watch where I put the nozzle incase of leaks so it doesn't puddle up in the intake tract

strokin6L

Reaction score
hmmm....idk i've never had an issue. I ran as many as 3 nozzles with no solenoid for like 6 years. Then i moved to two nozzles and a solenoid for the last two and still no issues with anything. I guess maybe i'm just lucky or maybe i'm doing something right haha...idk. This is the first i've heard of anything like this.

jtharvey

Reaction score
Old thread, but still valid questions.
I see where you often promote the Cooling Mist kits and occasionally knock the Snow Performance kits, but I don't recall any specific reasons. In all seriousness, what is the reason you don't like Snow's products?

I'm looking for a kit that I can use while towing heavy (~21K), and Snow has the only controller that is progressive, with triggers based off boost and EGT. That's what I like about their kit. Often when I tow up a hill, boost will start to drop while EGT's still rise. I see the progressive controller with inputs for both being a positive here.

However, if there is a good reason to avoid the Snow Performance kit, I would very much like to know it before a purchase is made.

Looking for any input on the Snow or other kits.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I always have a problem when the boost is low but the EGTs rise. The engine stumbles badly. I know my truck likes it when I start at higher boosts. Just a thought. I do t know how it would react to low boost injection that is on purpuse. I also have to change the setting when I go to my tow tune.

Latest posts

Members online