So it begins

isootmypants

Reaction score
Well last week I fixed the bad oil leak from front crank seal. Had a little tear in it. Replaced, all good. Been driving all weekend with it, and decided to take it to work again, down in east Rutherford before it got too cold out and put it away for winter. I was goin down route 23 right before 46, and truck started to sputter and pop when I tried hitting the throttle. I limp it another mile to gas station parking lot at 5am. Open hood and see fuel pressure is 0. Shut off truck and turned key back on, nothing. Checked fuse, popped. 30amp. Looking all over for something in my truck, found a bag of u joint snap rings. Buddy of mine works down the road and stopped to let me use a pair of kliens. I snipped the snap ring and made a jumper, turned key on, started to glow cherry red, and gauge only read 40 psi. Shut it off and now just waiting for my buddy who has off to pick me up with trailer. Gonna go home and pull filters, see if they are clogged. They only have 1200 miles on um. I'll figure out what's goin on with it and shoot back.

Krause

Reaction score
You have A1000 correct? Hope you are not sucking through a filter with that, from what I have seen, they do NOT like having to pull through a pre filter. I probly wouldnt run a pre filter smaller than 150 micron on that.

mandkole

Reaction score
I doubt the filters, it would take a lot to plug them this quickly. can you just bypass them and test again? Kinked hose? Any ball valves in the system?

isootmypants

Reaction score
I doubt the filters, it would take a lot to plug them this quickly. can you just bypass them and test again? Kinked hose? Any ball valves in the system?

Just got home. Dropped off truck in garage. Goin out to get filters then diagnosing problem. Was told pumps made between March and May, having issues with brushes.

isootmypants

Reaction score
And no ball valves. No kinks. Pump kicked on when I put jumper in. The jumper got cherry red so I turned it off. It will turn on just high amps

02BigD

Reaction score
You have A1000 correct? Hope you are not sucking through a filter with that, from what I have seen, they do NOT like having to pull through a pre filter. I probly wouldnt run a pre filter smaller than 150 micron on that.

Fuel\Water separator has to be on the suction side, no?

The crappy part is these injectors hate life with no fuel.

Last edited:

Krause

Reaction score

That I believe is correct but not 100% on. But I would try to find a fuel water separator that really doesnt filter much to decrease resistance, or not run one...

isootmypants

Reaction score

I hope nothing is bad with them after a mile. Is it the nozzles that hate it or the bodies? I went about a mile.... Maybe 1.5. If anything, 400/400 are going in

02BigD

Reaction score
That I believe is correct but not 100% on. But I would try to find a fuel water separator that really doesnt filter much to decrease resistance, or not run one...

100 micron filter\ water separator pre-pump on mine. I had only the Aeromotive pre filter for a short time, but the fact I travel and can't always be certain on the quality of fuel at the station had me nervous.

I hope nothing is bad with them after a mile. Is it the nozzles that hate it or the bodies? I went about a mile.... Maybe 1.5. If anything, 400/400 are going in

I would have to go back and look to be certain, the thing that stuck in my mind was simply they don't like firing dry. That's a positive attitude. :thumbup:

PABowhunter

Reaction score
What's up with that? That pump is new right?

I would think the nozzles are fine. The fuel keeps the nozzles cool. Of course, the bigger the nozzle the greater the chance for damage. You should be fine tho.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Marty's system doesn't have a prefilter. It's sumped to water separator then filter and fed strait to back of the heads. It's a pump problem unfortunately. A1000 rarely fair atleast on this site

Edit: didn't read the last page like a dumbazz. Still tho Marty's system is pretty simple

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online