Soft code....wondering what is causing it

2000wa250

Reaction score
Hey I am.in the middle of traveling from wa to ca and decided to plug in AE at a rest stop after turning off the truck and it showed a soft code for what is says is the exhaust pressure control valve....not sure what this means but figured id post it up here and see what y'all have to say. The code number is p0475.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

neverkickn

Reaction score
That code tells you that there is something wrong with the valve that actuates the flapper in the exhaust outlet of the turbo. If it is not down on power and you can not hear the flapper valve cycling while driving, I would not worry about it.

If you have the valve unplugged at the base of the turbo ped then you will get this code.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Thanks ken.

To hijack my own thread....is the coolant temp reading on AE accurate on a manual transmission?

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Just so you are aware, you can install 470 Ohm1/2 watt resistors to eliminate the codes, wire them in series to the plug, or like me remove the plug and solder them inline heat shrink and hide them.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Thank you bigal.

Anyone have any info on the accuracy of coolant temp read by AE?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Just so you are aware, you can install 470 Ohm1/2 watt resistors to eliminate the codes, wire them in series to the plug, or like me remove the plug and solder them inline heat shrink and hide them.

Good Idea.

Someone should sticky that or put it in the tech library. :thumbsup:

Shaw

Reaction score

What all is this good for? Just the EBV?

I would love to get rid of the aih code!

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
You can do it to hide the AIH code as well, it may require 1/2 watt resistors wired in series/parallel to get the wattage up or a 1 watt resistor(although not too common). Simply wire the resistors on the "load" side of the AIH relay to a good ground.

Latest posts

Members online