Something's Off

MV67

Reaction score
2011 F250, *** and EGr ******d, Intake, 5" Turbo Back and tuned.

Everything was working fine on the truck but I have noticed lately that there is a lack of black smoke when getting on it. Not that this is a bad thing, but I feel like I may have lost a little bit of power.

This past weekend we took a 3 hour round trip and on the way home I stopped for fuel. After filling up, I started hearing this humming noise coming from what sounded the top fuel filter.

Got her home (about 100 miles later) and figured out it was in fact coming from that top fuel filter as well as bottom. Figured I need filters changed (did 8k ago) and thought I would do it the next day.

Later that night we got ready to go out for a few drinks, got in the truck, turned the key and it would try to start but no dice. Left it over night and replaced filters the next day (Sunday).

Once filters were replaced, the truck would start but I would have to let it prime for about ~30 seconds first. On monday, same issue. Decided to ditch the filters from Napa and go back to OEM.

Monday, installed OEM filters and same issue went on. Was at about 1/2 a tank. Went ahead and filled it up to make sure I wasn't just getting a boatload of air in the system.

Today (tuesday), truck seems to start fine, buzzing noise is mostly gone (still hear the low pressure pump quiet a bit when using remote start, which lets it prime for about 20 seconds prior to start), but otherwise noise is gone.

Did it just need some time to settle the new filters for some reason?
Is the lack of black smoke when it was present before a sign of less fuel going to the engine?
Fuel pressure at full throttle is still about 30K in the rails so I know the CP4 is still good.

What else could be wrong? Or am I just being paranoid at this point?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I bet the lower fuel filter housing has a crack or something in it letting air in and losing fuel pressure. Make sure you put new O rings in with the filters too, you probably did but just wanted to mention it just incase

MV67

Reaction score
I bet the lower fuel filter housing has a crack or something in it letting air in and losing fuel pressure. Make sure you put new O rings in with the filters too, you probably did but just wanted to mention it just incase

Lower is only 8 months old, I re-did it twice. It seems to be better now with less air, but still seems to lack a little bit. Maybe I should just get a Fass and stop worrying.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Lower is only 8 months old, I re-did it twice. It seems to be better now with less air, but still seems to lack a little bit. Maybe I should just get a Fass and stop worrying.

Shouldn't need one though is the thing with your mods...

Latest posts

Members online