Spartan 310 vs 350

Pmac21

Reaction score
Ok guys I have been wondering what the differences between the 310 and 350 tunes are. I know they say that you must have a built tranny to run the 350, but I heard that there wasn't much difference in track times/dyno numbers. I have never loaded the 350 tune just because I know I would have to put my foot in it to test it out and I dont have a built trans.

pog

Reaction score
i heard that thr 310 has a smoother curve on the dyno where the 350 has a higher peak. 350 has more low end grunt and yes really smokey. oh yeah no cruise control and some weird surging issues on the 350, not a dd tune.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
The 350 tune actually has the smoother curve. It makes less peak power but it seems to hold above 500 HP a decent amount longer through the RPM's. I prefer the 310 for racing and dyno numbers. I think the 350 tune would be awesome for pulling though.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
350 has a ton more low end. Very smokey. I ran it for a few days just to see what it was like stock turbo/ stock trans. Still have not tried it on the new turbo.

If it doesn't make anymore peak power, would it really be any worse on the trans then the 310?

Beans71086

Reaction score
350 has a ton more low end. Very smokey. I ran it for a few days just to see what it was like stock turbo/ stock trans. Still have not tried it on the new turbo.

If it doesn't make anymore peak power, would it really be any worse on the trans then the 310?

I dunno about it being harder on the trans, but I really wanna know if that 71 will clean up the smoke!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I dunno about it being harder on the trans, but I really wanna know if that 71 will clean up the smoke!

You and me both. I have too much to towing to do in the next few months to break it... I am limiting my stupidity to the Spartan 250. I will give it a run the end of July.

Pmac21

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, but why does spartan really push that you have a built trans for the 350 and not the 310 if the hp numbers are so close?

Latest posts

Members online