Spindle seals on 01

dustinz85

Reaction score
Is there a write up on this anywhere? Not sure how the old one comes off. It looks like the flat piece facing the wheel bearing is made into the axle... the old one is destroyed. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

GreenMachine

Reaction score
are you talking about the knuckle seal that is pressed around the stub shaft? If so the axle shaft and stub shaft need to be pried out from behind the universal joint. Google search 99-04 super duty knuckle seal replacement, tons of write-ups on it.

dustinz85

Reaction score
Any one have a part number? He guys at the parts store are looking at me like I'm an idiot ha

eng53ine

Reaction score
If it's the vacuum seal you might have to go to a dealer

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

mustube

Reaction score
No you don't. Every parts store should have it. I took off the old one and installed the new one with a big chisel and a hammer. It isn't hard at all. It is like a 40 dollar seal though.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

eng53ine

Reaction score
No you don't. Every parts store should have it. I took off the old one and installed the new one with a big chisel and a hammer. It isn't hard at all. It is like a 40 dollar seal though.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

They always tell me it a ford only part but regardless of that they should be able to pull the axle up and see the related parts of which the op could pick the one he needs

dustinz85

Reaction score
Does any one have a link to one of those write ups on it? What I'm finding it not the same. Would you happen to have the part number for it?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Should be under vaccum seal and dust seal. There will be 2. One IS the vacuum seal that goes on the knuckle and one is the dust seal that is on the inside of the ujoint on the axle tube itself.

live life full throttle

greenthunder7.3

Reaction score
I have never been able to get the right seal any where but the dealer i have the ford part numbers written down at home for both the inner and outer one when i get back i will put them on here

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Call all the parts stores and tell them you need an axle spindle seal. Not the axle tube seal. Napa near me were the only ones who had them in stock when I was looking for them myself a year or so ago.

live life full throttle

greenthunder7.3

Reaction score
Well im to late on the draw to get the part numbers. But i have a quick question. Is there a plastic spacer that goes between the big stub shaft seal and the wheem bearing?

greenthunder7.3

Reaction score
Ok thanks my dads dually wheel bearing decided to blow apart and i was just getting ready to put the new one on and realized i was possibly missing a piece it must have gotten shredded when the bearing went out thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.