SRP 1 Failure

njjeep

Reaction score
My only complaint with my srp1.1 is it windowed my block about 500 miles after I put it in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im not blaming anything. Im not talking shti. Im telling people what issues im having and explaining that its the pump. The fact that its destroyed itself makes it a huuge POS. Thats a fact at this point.

Im glad some people are having good luck. Theres seven or eight right here that are holding a turd.

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
My srp1.1 broke about 1/2 mile after i installed it. 3 days of hell. Not to mention the tow bill and no truck for over a week. Gary was help full and sent out a replacement one and has been working fine for almost a year now. Just scarey hearing all these stories.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Im not blaming anything. Im not talking shti. Im telling people what issues im having and explaining that its the pump. The fact that its destroyed itself makes it a huuge POS. Thats a fact at this point.

Im glad some people are having good luck. Theres seven or eight right here that are holding a turd.

Definitely NOT a confidence builder.

Sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
My srp1.1 broke about 1/2 mile after i installed it. 3 days of hell. Not to mention the tow bill and no truck for over a week. Gary was help full and sent out a replacement one and has been working fine for almost a year now. Just scarey hearing all these stories.

Those 1/2 mile tow bills will get you every time.

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
Ya that was the start of it. I got it back to the shop but it ran like crap. Then would not start. I got it started and was told i needed to drive it to get the air out. So made it about 30 miles till it died and had to tow it back. so much fun.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Saw so many talking how these were the next best thing, looks like some have changed that tune

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
And you still have a mythological pump. That has NOT changed.

Since that t1000 has been in testing since before psn was created you think its perhaps ready? Or we gonna wait until there are only 8 7.3s left and make 5 people jealous?

Just bustin balls but seriously, where's the "competition"?

dsberman94

Reaction score
And you still have a mythological pump. That has NOT changed.

Since that t1000 has been in testing since before psn was created you think its perhaps ready? Or we gonna wait until there are only 8 7.3s left and make 5 people jealous?

Just bustin balls but seriously, where's the "competition"?

I don't get how he says he's waiting for 500 sales to slow down. They aren't going to. Hire a couple of people to get the things built and out. One of them can find cores to purchase when it's slow and the other can keep building items for stock. And he can keep his other job and help out with the pumps when necessary or wants to. I just don't get it. Not saying I have a wealth of business knowledge but it makes sense to me. Maybe I'm completely wrong. Idk.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont know. Anything is just an excuse. No matter who says it or what it concerns. Unless Im right and it doesnt exist and never will.

The t500 was being pushed on me when I started a thread about stock cased performance hpops. I didnt say it was junk or bad, but as far as ratings go, its not anywhere near the srp 1.1. The srp being garbage doesnt factor into that either. May as well stay with a stock 17 unless you have a tired assed 15.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I dont know. Anything is just an excuse. No matter who says it or what it concerns. Unless Im right and it doesnt exist and never will.

The t500 was being pushed on me when I started a thread about stock cased performance hpops. I didnt say it was junk or bad, but as far as ratings go, its not anywhere near the srp 1.1. The srp being garbage doesnt factor into that either. May as well stay with a stock 17 unless you have a tired assed 15.

I have a tired assed 17. (This is where I wait for lincolnlocker to chime in) my stocker is really bad. Can't even hold icp at not wide open throttle with a really high duty cycle in a stock tune. So this is where the t500 comes in. Just need a core to send first. I can't afford the downtime. Truck is a daily. I've tried many times to try to get a 1k but no dice.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Honey Badger... And if you need more, Honey Badger Sr...

I have PM's from someone on PSN from about 5-6 years ago talking about the T1000...

I also have a bud who killed two if them in short order...

dsberman94

Reaction score
Honey Badger... And if you need more, Honey Badger Sr...

I have PM's from someone on PSN from about 5-6 years ago talking about the T1000...

I also have a bud who killed two if them in short order...

Believe me joe I would but I don't have the extra couple hundred for it right now and it can't wait much longer. Dynoproven seems to make some good stuff from the reviews and all.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Ratings of being on the side of the road or driving on it... I still dont exactly know what a t500 consists of but its more reliable then the srp series pumps...

I have a tired assed 17. (This is where I wait for lincolnlocker to chime in) my stocker is really bad. Can't even hold icp at not wide open throttle with a really high duty cycle in a stock tune. So this is where the t500 comes in. Just need a core to send first. I can't afford the downtime. Truck is a daily. I've tried many times to try to get a 1k but no dice.
Tired? That bich is on its death bed! 2000 psi at 81% dc with canned split shot php tunes.. your going to end up sitting on the side of the road wondering wtf is going on with your truck cuz you didnt get a hpop rounded up in time cuz you where to worried about buying over sized expensive tires that you honestly didn't need. Your tires weren't even down to the wear bars yet.. the duratracs thaT you said your getting put on are gonna do real good for you when the truck wont move under its own power.. whatever happened to all the junkyard hpops you said you where gonna get? How bout pushrods?

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ratings of being on the side of the road or driving on it... I still dont exactly know what a t500 consists of but its more reliable then the srp series pumps...

Tired? That bich is on its death bed! 2000 psi at 81% dc with canned split shot php tunes.. your going to end up sitting on the side of the road wondering wtf is going on with your truck cuz you didnt get a hpop rounded up in time cuz you where to worried about buying over sized expensive tires that you honestly didn't need. Your tires weren't even down to the wear bars yet.. the duratracs thaT you said your getting put on are gonna do real good for you when the truck wont move under its own power.. whatever happened to all the junkyard hpops you said you where gonna get? How bout pushrods?

live life full throttle

Pulling pushrods from a motor this weekend as well as an HPOP. Waiting for warm weather.

And my front tires weren't at the wear bars. The rears are bald. Atleast I'll know what it is when it craps out. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have.

psduser1

Reaction score
Why can't I have a superpump will stone-stock reliability?

Because anytime you raise performance levels, reliability goes down,or cost goes way up.
Is say the jury is still out on the hb, be nice if its everything the srp is supposed to be, lol.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats a given. But stock 17s going 250k miles in a stock truck and a srp committing suicide at less than 10k miles isnt even comparable. If they lasted 80k at least we wouldnt be having any talk.

I didnt really even use mine. I drove the truck all.summer everyday. Oh the abuse...

Layson

Reaction score
This is what drives me nuts about these threads. There are people on here that push and push that brand X pump is the next best thing out there. Meanwhile you hear off the forums about this guys pump took a **** and that guys pump never even made it out of the driveway. The information never gets posted until enough people are pissed about it. Then it is too late and everybody has one! I have a friend that is a member of these forums that told a non-member how great these pumps are. He hot-shots with his truck and has already been stranded once. He had it upgraded to the better pump and now he is having issues again. We shall see if it is pump related.

Then you got Joe here pushing the new brand X pump and maybe it is the next best thing. Or maybe it ends up being a POS down the road too and Joe just contributed to selling a whole crapload of these out there. But what I do like is the company behind the new brand X pump seems to be pretty up front with any failures they have had. It also seems like I see a lot of data posted about pre-pump installation and post-pump installation.

You just have to remember that information posted in these forums is not always the best information. These forums are sponsored by companies selling truck parts. You could have one very popular member or moderator receive something for free and all of a sudden it is the next best thing since sliced bread.

Latest posts

Members online