Starting issue

d7es3l

Reaction score
1995 f250, went to start it today all I heard was clicks. The volt gauge has a huge draw on it. Tried to jump it, let it sit for while charging, still clicking. Would the starter pull a huge draw if it's no good? Also smelled something a little burnt in the cab. Haven't checked fuses or really anything had to leave it in the parking lot. Gonna go check tomorrow, what are some things I should check? Thanks.

Bugman

Reaction score
Yes, the starter could put a huge draw on the system and so can the glow plugs. Did it do it when you turned the key to the start position or when you first turned the key on to get the wait to start light. You could also have a bad battery. Smelling something burnt is never a good thing to have happen.

d7es3l

Reaction score
Yes, the starter could put a huge draw on the system and so can the glow plugs. Did it do it when you turned the key to the start position or when you first turned the key on to get the wait to start light. You could also have a bad battery. Smelling something burnt is never a good thing to have happen.

I am thinking the batteries are shot. I jumped it & whenever I turned the key to the on position it seemed like whenever the GPR clicked it would draw it all the way down. And as for the burning smell, I think it might have come from the battery that was on the jumper as it was smoking whenever I went to crank it (but it only clicked)

d7es3l

Reaction score
Yes, batteries were dead. Everything seems to be working fine, the pyrometer gauge bulb burned out... But so far everything seems fine

Latest posts

Members online