Starving for fuel or too much fuel?..

Pockets

Reaction score
What's up fellas? I started to notice over the past few days my truck starting to surge. It mostly happens after getting off the highway when I've been at a constant speed for awhile. (like on cruise control) I hit the gas and it acts like I'm running outta fuel, kinda stumbles then clears up and takes off. Idk if it's not getting enough fuel or it loads up with too much... it ain't throwing any codes so what would you do to check this? I haven't a clue where to start. I just got the filters changes in February also..

Thanks so much for any help!

Jonnydime

Reaction score
It was an issue with the IC iirc. After sustained driving at a constant speed the IC would accumulate moisture. I don't know what the fix is/was but they put a TSB out about it.

Pockets

Reaction score
OK so you really might be on to something. It's been raining here non stop today and my truck is jumping like a dang rabbit.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
No sir not yet... certainly in the plans though
Just asking cause when I bought my 08 last year it started doing the same thing. When it was raining or really high humidity it would white smoke after idling. But only on take off. And then it started surging really bad. I finally got my cts so I could watch everything and it was constantly trying to regen.

After startup it would say dpf stat off. But after a mile or two of driving it would try to regen and say dpf stat on and start surging and would never go back off. And it would surge the whole time. Put a delete tune on it and it quit surging instantly!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

YoungOne0916

Reaction score
I've got the exact issue with my 08 f250. Looking for delete package with a tuner. My brother has an 09 and he got pulled over by Maryland state police for white smoke after leaving a stoplight. Took it to local dealer, smoked for them, and they said there was nothing they could do lol. We're both deleting ours

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Yep, my 08 did the same thing.. I remember when it white smoked the first time I was so mad I couldn't see straight bc I thought my turbos were bad. When you do the Egr delete, do yourself a favor and take off the Egr provision pipe that comes off the up pipe and goes down the side of the motor. Then put your block off plate there.. It starts right behind the turbos. Tap into the block off plate for the back pressure sensor. Purpose of this is to keep moisture from accumulating in the bottom of that pipe during cold months and freezing. This throws a code and stars and over boost condition.

Latest posts

Members online