Steering column

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
In the process of replacing my steering column bearings and I'm stuck. I can't find the back bearing, I have the bigger one, and I do not know how to remove the race from the old one. Here's a picture hope this helps. Does anyone know of a step by step thread? I can't find anything with pictures. This is where I'm at
9efdde1bdc2cdc9be156923e2278d5fc.jpg

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score

LtlPed

Reaction score
Did this last night it's no fun!! I used a seal puller worked perfectly. If you have any other questions let me know I had the whole f freaking thing disassembled and back together.
8f4d37123be331d0b04abffe6892fbb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
Did this last night it's no fun!! I used a seal puller worked perfectly. If you have any other questions let me know I had the whole f freaking thing disassembled and back together.
8f4d37123be331d0b04abffe6892fbb3.jpg

The 1 bearing I got was supposed to be the top bearin and it is almost an inch wider than what is in there right now, so where does that one go? I got the part number from another forum who fixed his too. I'm going to order the other bearing tomorrow but I have no clue where this one would even fit

LtlPed

Reaction score
That goes down below the top housing in the base of it. You need this bearing for where you're picture is.
058824bcc97014c36492c1294022854c.jpg

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
Sweet thanks. How do I get the top housing off to get this bearing in? I figured I already have it I might as well put it

LtlPed

Reaction score
If it's a tilt it's a bitch. Either way there's 2 gold 30 torx on each side. Undue those there's a spring bar in the center of the bottom that has a pin in it. Should be able to lift that and pull the two parts away. If it's tilt instead of a single spring bar it has two that a pain to lift so you can slide it apart. Remove the two parts and the large bearing is in the housing.

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
If it's a tilt it's a bitch. Either way there's 2 gold 30 torx on each side. Undue those there's a spring bar in the center of the bottom that has a pin in it. Should be able to lift that and pull the two parts away. If it's tilt instead of a single spring bar it has two that a pain to lift so you can slide it apart. Remove the two parts and the large bearing is in the housing.

Thanks! I might do a write up thread myself for the next guy

Latest posts

Members online