Stick with current setup or 24" bmf?

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Im looking for some advice, any opinion good or bad. Should I keep what I have or go sotas? I'm thinking 24s but I might go 22s again.

Monster or

b420cd20.png

696fcaa4.png

e67b1f4e.png

back.jpg

DM Sota

82093ce1.png

Truck.png

Chrome Sota, I was too lazy to crop another, so I just jacked up the brightness.

17495adc.png

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
The only picture that really shows anything good with the BMF's is the second picture, and it looks really good. I think your Monsters look really good though. I say stay with what you have.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I basically give up with photoshop, I don't know why it looks normal one second and then I'll check again and it's completely distorted. Your saying the first death metal didn't come out right and neither did the chrome sota?

On edit, is it coming up with a question mark or is the picture showing but looking like crap?

Spatel23

Reaction score
I'm definitely against 24s if you stick with 35s, just not enough sidewall to look right IMO.

I think the monsters with 420s looked best.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I was thinking 24s and 36.5, or 37 with a 4.5 lift. I haven't checked to see if they made a 35 in a 24. I liked the 420 setup too, but there was too much gap in the wheel well. I'll dig up a pic to show you. I wish I couldve dropped it but the wheels were way too wide. I was about to buy positive offset rims and slam it, but I ended up leveling it.

Did the pics come out normal on you. Sorry, I need a Photoshop tutorial on what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I shouldn't be saving it from a PDF to a jpeg.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Please don't go SOTA's. I personally think they are one of the ugliest wheels out there. And I don't think chrome would look good on your truck. I like the black/machined for your truck. And don't go 24's. That's just way too big. Stick with 20's or 22's. Just my opinion.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I threw the chrome out there just to see if more people would like that transition than a typical black wheel.

I like sotas over the other bmfs just because of the fullness. I really liked my friend's 22 novis but wanted something different, and I dont think American force would look right on my truck, it might but I haven't studied their line up too well.

What I should've said earlier is that the truck will be going to 24s and 37s bc I want to have a bigger tire/wheel combo that I have now. It's just a 2 inch difference and I'll have the same amount of sidewall as I do now. I agree 35s are too small. Hell, if y'all have other choices let me know, game for anything really.

Last edited:

TripleE44

Reaction score
I would do the stealth BMFs if I were you. I really like the color combination you've got going on now just because it can look really dark at times, but have nice contrast at others. I think the death metal wouldn't look as good. To me it's working against your attempts to have little to no chrome, even though it's machines.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
stealth for sure, if you change. sota's for sure, if I coulda afforded them I was wanting them too. but the fact that not a whole lot of monsters out there, and none that are gloss. looks sweet

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
stick with what you have OR do some chrome american force's. I'm kind of partial to the look you have now anyways...:thumbsup:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I like SOTAs in chrome....but not in DM. They look too busy. Chrome SOTA looks great if you want that wheel design.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
nick the trucks so dark, id say lets put some stealth series on there (just my thought) it will keep that blue popping instead of the brightness of a machined or chrome rim taking over.

HoustonRider

Reaction score
idk, the chrome SOTAs are cool, but if you google the chrome, you can see lots of issue with peeling on BMF chromes that are 3 months old. I found some issues where guys have sent them back over and over and ended up with black.

I have a Golden Bronze 2011 and I'm leaning towards the SOTA black death... not 100% sure though. lol

TripleE44

Reaction score
idk, the chrome SOTAs are cool, but if you google the chrome, you can see lots of issue with peeling on BMF chromes that are 3 months old. I found some issues where guys have sent them back over and over and ended up with black.

I have a Golden Bronze 2011 and I'm leaning towards the SOTA black death... not 100% sure though. lol

I've got a year on my chrome novas with no peeling. And that's my DD. I think you may need to take care of them, but does everyone not wash their truck every week? :D

Latest posts

Members online