Stiction prevention???

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a truck. I was wondering when it is recommended to start using an additive and what intervals to us it? Also, what additive is recommended?
Thanks Luke

Turd-250

Reaction score
hmmm i didn't realize 6.7s had an issue with stiction. pretty sure they have piezoinjectors that don't have oil pumped through them.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah man the 6.7 and 6.4 are both common rail peizo electric injectors, they don't have stiction issues. But if you want to keep the injectors healthy keep good clean fuel in the tank, drain the water seperator monthly, and run some fuel lubricant additive in it to keep the Lubricity up.

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
No, this is the section that I meant to put it in. I wasn't aware that the common rail systems that don't use the oiling system to fire the injectors do not have stiction problems. Thanks for the info. I will certainly keep the tank clean and filters changed.

Turd-250

Reaction score
No, this is the section that I meant to put it in. I wasn't aware that the common rail systems that don't use the oiling system to fire the injectors do not have stiction problems. Thanks for the info. I will certainly keep the tank clean and filters changed.

it's cool! we're all here to learn! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.