Stock 6.7 with wide stance

Seavee05

Reaction score
Finally got to upload some pics. I went with the 285/55 R22's and I love this set up.

Attachments

• IMG_8112.jpg
    IMG_8112.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_8138.jpg
    IMG_8138.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 163

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Looks very nice man. Good choice and sticking with a nice polished wheel looks so much cleaner. Everyone always puts cheap looking black wheels on everything it seems like.

Notneb

Reaction score
Looks very nice man. Good choice and sticking with a nice polished wheel looks so much cleaner. Everyone always puts cheap looking black wheels on everything it seems like.

Damn dude you got a real hard on for black rims...

bhudson

Reaction score
What's the issue with black rims? Obviously cheap ones look stupid, but there are some nice black rims out there

WHY NOT

Reaction score
What's the issue with black rims? Obviously cheap ones look stupid, but there are some nice black rims out there

Damn dude you got a real hard on for black rims...

Yeah I really dislike them. There are some trucks out there that can pull them off but, just in my opinion they would always look better with a nice set of polished wheels on them vs the black. They always just remind me of a car w/o hubcaps. All the very nice black wheels loose so much shape because the black hides so much detail in the wheel that it still just looks like any other black wheel. Also its fun to bring up because some people get so butt hurt when people say there expensive black wheels don't look good.

Notneb

Reaction score
Mine are black and cheap and I love em. I see no point spending money on some polished rims when they'll spend their life covered in mud/dirt, but I keep it to myself ;) Unless it's some tarded 14" wides on 31" tires on an 8" lift... that's another story, it's a disease and it needs to be eradicated!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Mine are black and cheap and I love em. I see no point spending money on some polished rims when they'll spend their life covered in mud/dirt, but I keep it to myself ;) Unless it's some tarded 14" wides on 31" tires on an 8" lift... that's another story, it's a disease and it needs to be eradicated!

LOL LOL maybe they will start breaking lugs off or something and the problem will fix it self with those.

I see no point in spending any money on after market wheels if they will be dirty all the time. Ive always been pretty particular about keeping stuff clean though, but to each their own as far as wheel color or anything else. If everyone had the same stuff it would be pretty boring.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive had both. I like washing my rims, drying them and maybe hitting them with detailer. The way my truck looks wouldnt work with chrome or polished wheels. Raw gets boring after four decades. I like the people doing other colors now too.

Saw a silver 6l with gunmetal gray 22s. Looked great.
Theres a black lml running around with goldish colored wheels. Awesome.
Theres an old ***k that has a green gem/adobe kr with polished rims that looks good.

If it looks good. It looks good.

bhudson

Reaction score
Just got a white '16 about 3 weeks ago and think I'm gonna get black rims for that one. It looks good the way it is, but would look better to me anyway with at least a level and some 35s

2016SilverPlatinum

Reaction score
Just got a silver '16 and was thinking about throwing some machined 17s on it. I cant seem to find any pics on the internet with machined lip and rim (like the Method MR301) AND 37s though.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Ive had both. I like washing my rims, drying them and maybe hitting them with detailer. The way my truck looks wouldnt work with chrome or polished wheels. Raw gets boring after four decades. I like the people doing other colors now too.

Saw a silver 6l with gunmetal gray 22s. Looked great.
Theres a black lml running around with goldish colored wheels. Awesome.
Theres an old ***k that has a green gem/adobe kr with polished rims that looks good.

If it looks good. It looks good.

I do think the colored rims including black (wow that sounds terrible) look best when they are 22's + gives some of the detail back to the wheel. Josh at the diesel cartel has been doing quite a few trucks with different colored wheels that look pretty neat. I don't think I would ever do it because I don't think I could pull it off but the last one he put on IG had Rose Gold wheels and accents on a silver truck, but it pulls it off.

smcox1

Reaction score
That one with rose gold doesn't flow at all IMO and I think its because the truck is silver. I like polished but now polished is all you see. I'm really liking teal colored wheels though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.