Stock headlights are terrible!!

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
That's my only complaint about my 2011, the head lights aren't bright enough. What is everyone running for HID's? I had DDM tuning on my last truck and they worked pretty good. Def don't want Retro, had too many problems with them before and their customer service is terrible.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
hit up retro solutions on here. Awesome lights

edit: just finished reading your first post... I haven't had any troubles with them Richard.. Sorry you did in the past

jdgleason

Reaction score
You may give retro another shot. Killer service and a flawless product for me. I think I've ordered in the neighborhood of 15 kits.

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
I'll think about it, I just know I had a terrible experience with them on my black truck and ended up throwing a $190 kit in the trash.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Yes they were sh*t so for a quick fix I stopped at auto zone and threw some cheap a$$ ULTRA STARS in them until I can research enough and find what I really want.

Sad part is the auto zone sh*t was twice the product that the factory ones were. If the factory ones were this good I probably wouldn't be looking for alternatives but now I can't stand knowing I have cheap crap installed on my truck.

Sent from a crack house somewhere in the hood!

bad12jr

Reaction score
Silver stars in my 06 lights get me bright lighted but I also have them wired through relays with just the switch turning the relay on. Alot better then the factory ones I've driven. The extra couple volts helps a lot more then I would have ever thought.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Correction mine are the silver stars.

ese4u8am.jpg

The number is H13 (9008)

And contrary to popular belief you don't have to remove the entire grill to change them out.

Go underneath the fender pull back the liner and you can see the back of the headlights. Couple of screws for the liner and it is a 15 min job.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
you wouldnt happen to know the number for the bulbs in the fog lights would you? Tomorrow being cyber monday seems like a decent time to get some better head and fog light bulbs ordered. I dont want to go HID's with out going with a full retro kit and I really don't want to pull my headlights apart to put the projector in.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Silver stars actually help?

I was as shocked as you that they were better than factory but yes I finished signing the papers on my truck at around 7pm then left the dealer and it was absolute horrible.

There are a couple of roads on the way home that you have to be very vigilant about deer running out and I literally couldn't see 4 feet off the road with them so I stooped at auto zone.

Whynot: I couldn't find the boxes for the fogs sorry.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I was doing some searching and the PIAA bulbs have good reviews, and I know putco makes some nice stuff. Looks like the heads are H13's and the fogs are H10's for anyone else looking.

Rene G

Reaction score
I had a HID go out, then I got a set of silverstars until I could get the HID's fixed. I couldn't see chit with the silverstars, but I'm spoiled with 55w 4300k HID's.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
So what the best change out replacements? I don't need top of the line stuff that I have to dismantle my front end for just the best swap out I can buy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.