Streetmax X and 2015 HPFP

gilgamesh

Reaction score
It's capped still from the non vgt. Runs fine in the non vgt tune.

Are the veins controlled by that vacuum line? Could the vacuum line being capped be the cause of things not working properly with a VGT tune? How's it idle with the stock tune?

sootie

Reaction score
Are the veins controlled by that vacuum line? Could the vacuum line being capped be the cause of things not working properly with a VGT tune? How's it idle with the stock tune?

I think the truck is on a diet so getting good feedback on the stock tune may be a chore

This sounds like it could be an issue

What vacuum line??? The only one I've ever seen ran to the waste gate on 11-14 trucks. 15+ turbos don't utilize a wastegate so not sure how that would affect vgt control...

gilgamesh

Reaction score
oh, that's what that line is for.. sorry for the detraction. I thought I was onto something.

sootie

Reaction score
if its not properly sealed couldn't that cause idle problems or is that tuned out?

What does vacuum have to do with idle? Worst thing that's going to happen is your vacuum pump runs more which as far as I can tell it runs all the time anyway because it is a mechanical pump. Nothing to "tune out"

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
What does vacuum have to do with idle? Worst thing that's going to happen is your vacuum pump runs more which as far as I can tell it runs all the time anyway because it is a mechanical pump. Nothing to "tune out"

I come from the gasser world and all I could think of was when I pulled the brake booster vacuum line it would idle like this and try to die. I never said anything with certainty but I'd lean towards install issue before tune issue.

Reaction score
Morgan sent me a stock dlted 2015 race tune and it idled fine. So it is in the tuning. He said if it did work fine then he'd take that file and revise the rest of the tunes for the streetmax x. So hopefully he's going to have it done tomorrow. Here's a quick video.
And the vacuum line is capped since there's no wastegate on the streetmax X.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vicAN3u9Syk&feature=em-upload_owner

Latest posts

Members online