StreetMaxR 65.5 vs MDP budget s366

torque beast

Reaction score
i stand to be corrected but i believe it throws under boost codes etc as the factory calibration is set for a turbo that spools differently

Well hell, that puts a damper on my plans. I planned on the 65.5 while leaving everything intact. Figured I could do it with tuning

Reaction score
how necessary is it to got with the SS piping? i'm sure it flows a hell of a lot more, but i'm just looking for a nicer drive, and better street manners. not out ragging the truck every chance i get or anything like that.

Lower intake temps, which equals lower egt. Less plastic crap to fail including the plastic cac pipe, easier to work on and much more open, plus it looks a hell of a lot better.

It is not necessary one bit. Just a nice upgrade.

What are the issues running it on a 11-14 with D.P.-F on?

Your 11-14 will not work with the factory calibration. It will require custom tunes to accept the 2015 turbo and work properly.

i stand to be corrected but i believe it throws under boost codes etc as the factory calibration is set for a turbo that spools differently

Throw all kinds of cool codes. But all stems to exactly what you said. The turbo parameters need to be changed to use the 2015 style turbo in the 2011-14 trucks, ******d or not.

Well hell, that puts a damper on my plans. I planned on the 65.5 while leaving everything intact. Figured I could do it with tuning

You can. Give me a call

De***** and never look back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the best route

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I return my 12 to stock yearly and found out last year that the 15 style turbo will throw codes but Morgan set me up with a tune that got me through emissions without issue. The truck runs much better with a 15 style turbo as opposed to the 11-14 stocker, especially when emissions stuff falls off.

Keith

Reaction score
Streetmax 65.5 vs NEW MPD budget 364.5 SXE kit

Any info on the streetmax compared to the 364.5 SXE? I've heard a lot of great things about the new SXE's. More reliable/beefier than their older brother s300's. The SXE has a 360 thrust bearing, new turbine wheel, and housing changes. Also "heard" that the 364.5 SXE will push as much air while spooling much better than the old S366 due to the new design. Anyone running an SXE and how does it compare to a streetmax? Was set on the streetmax then MPD had to do this to me....๐Ÿ˜“

sootie

Reaction score
Any info on the streetmax compared to the 364.5 SXE? I've heard a lot of great things about the new SXE's. More reliable/beefier than their older brother s300's. The SXE has a 360 thrust bearing, new turbine wheel, and housing changes. Also "heard" that the 364.5 SXE will push as much air while spooling much better than the old S366 due to the new design. Anyone running an SXE and how does it compare to a streetmax? Was set on the streetmax then MPD had to do this to me....๐Ÿ˜“

hardly comparable...the streetmax is designed to be drop in, factory appearing and retain the vgt. the 369 requires a complete turbo kit and is non vgt

Reaction score
hardly comparable...the streetmax is designed to be drop in, factory appearing and retain the vgt. the 369 requires a complete turbo kit and is non vgt

I should have been more specific. I'm meaning what are the performance differences between the two. MPD just came out with their new drop in budget kit that uses the new Borg Warner SXE turbo line instead of their older s300 line.

sootie

Reaction score
I should have been more specific. I'm meaning what are the performance differences between the two. MPD just came out with their new drop in budget kit that uses the new Borg Warner SXE turbo line instead of their older s300 line.

"drop in" means attaches with factory hardware and does not require a new pedestal or mount or anything aftermarket to install...

Reaction score
I'll have some numbers on a dual pump StreetMaxR truck we are live tuning on the dyno tomorrow.

As far as performance, with the s300's you can size them up to around 750hp or so depending on which turbo and if you have to supporting mods to actually make 750hp.

A 364.5 would be very similar in hp output to a 65.5 StreetMaxR. The main difference is that the StreetMaxR will carry more boost while cruising which leads to better tip in passing and acceleration ability. As well as it can make 10psi of boost at less than 1500 rpm which is much lower than the s300 will be able to make the same without spooling against the brakes. The s300's are good fun turbo. One of my sales guys has been daily driving our prototype s366 kit for a few months and with tuning it runs really good and fairly smoke free. But stock to stock from a dig a StreetMaxR will pull past it out of the hole.

Any of our "R" series turbos are great candidates for someone who kit only wants power and higher performance but someone who still need and relies upon their truck to pull a trailer and work with the same or better capabilities than it came with from the factory.

Reaction score
I'll have some numbers on a dual pump StreetMaxR truck we are live tuning on the dyno tomorrow.

As far as performance, with the s300's you can size them up to around 750hp or so depending on which turbo and if you have to supporting mods to actually make 750hp.

A 364.5 would be very similar in hp output to a 65.5 StreetMaxR. The main difference is that the StreetMaxR will carry more boost while cruising which leads to better tip in passing and acceleration ability. As well as it can make 10psi of boost at less than 1500 rpm which is much lower than the s300 will be able to make the same without spooling against the brakes. The s300's are good fun turbo. One of my sales guys has been daily driving our prototype s366 kit for a few months and with tuning it runs really good and fairly smoke free. But stock to stock from a dig a StreetMaxR will pull past it out of the hole.

Any of our "R" series turbos are great candidates for someone who kit only wants power and higher performance but someone who still need and relies upon their truck to pull a trailer and work with the same or better capabilities than it came with from the factory.

Wow great info๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Question. When you say s300 are you talking about the new SXE s300 turbo series or the old s300 series?

Just learned that the SXE s364.5 will easily make well over +600rwhp with
a 15 cp4.

With a 11-14 cp4 it's 550-575.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow great info๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Question. When you say s300 are you talking about the new SXE s300 turbo series or the old s300 series?

Just learned that the SXE s364.5 will easily make well over +600rwhp with
a 15 cp4.

With a 11-14 cp4 it's 550-575.

i would tend to disagree with the dyno numbers you have learned. with 11-14 RARELY do you see any trucks over 550 , rarely as in i haven't seen any consistent dyno numbers to prove that. with a 64.5 mine made 535 . that pump is tapped somewhere around there , if you look at averages of many dyno's , not one dyno number of one guy who said his did it. as well , the 15 pump is pretty much tapped at 600 , even the 15 turbo moves more air than the pump can maintain. there may be some variance in individual numbers as the 15 pump hasnt been all that tested , but i think 600 is a good average number to call it tapped at this point in time. its a very simple deduction of what pw the pump can maintain.

Reaction score
Ok not say you are wrong or that who I heard it from is. I heard it from a reliable source that deals with all sorts of setups on a daily basis. As I'm sure you do to.

Either way I go I don't think I will be disappointed.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok not say you are wrong or that who I heard it from is. I heard it from a reliable source that deals with all sorts of setups on a daily basis. As I'm sure you do to.

Either way I go I don't think I will be disappointed.

we sell all brands of turbo kits available for these trucks ,including the 2 kits mentioned, and i would never , in good faith lead my customers to believe the numbers your " source " stated. i'll stick to giving them reliable info from what we've seen , should they start showing higher, i'm all for it !

when discussing these kits, they are 2 different horses, you just have to decide what you want more of.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I don't have dyno numbers but I have track times with my 12. Ccsb 4x4 leveled on 35s toyo mt 3.31 gears s&b intake , a mix match turbo kit with a box 366(non sxe) at full weight minus a spare tire did 12.9 at 103 in the 1/4. On a tired 100k fuel system.

sootie

Reaction score
I don't have dyno numbers but I have track times with my 12. Ccsb 4x4 leveled on 35s toyo mt 3.31 gears s&b intake , a mix match turbo kit with a box 366(non sxe) at full weight minus a spare tire did 12.9 at 103 in the 1/4. On a tired 100k fuel system.

what does it weigh?

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
I was hoping for more s366 comparison info... :p

I've been researching turbos for many months already, too many choices lol

From what I've been reading so far Spar*tan tuned 2015's are doing close to

600 rwhp with the stock turbo. Seeing how a streetmaxr is supposed to add

about 50 rwhp, does that mean that paired with a dual fueler we are close to

700 rwhp ??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.