Stripping Wheels?

big'un

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ive tried to search but came up empty , I was told i could use aircraft paint stripper and strip the clearcoat off my factory wheels and polish them and them be shiny ... is this true?

thanks for all the help

418989_10150538500076237_627101236_9206307_145394104_n.jpg

89xj

Reaction score
yeah you can. but its a rediculous amount of work and maintenance. bare polished aluminum is damn near impossible to keep looking good,

weazel

Reaction score
yeah you can. but its a rediculous amount of work and maintenance. bare polished aluminum is damn near impossible to keep looking good,

He's right, unless you wanna spend all day on Sunday polishing them up so they look bad on Thursday.

El chupacabra

Reaction score
Those wheels wouldn't be bad to polish after they had the initial cut done. High speed buff them after they were stripped. Then like once a week hit them with some polish and a buff ball. Only takes 15minutes. That's what I always did with my Pete.

Break break break

big'un

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

I think ima go for it , i got a mothers powerball already so it wont b hard to keep em polished. Wonder if i could strip em then shine the hell out of em then reclear em and they look the same or just go back lookin silver as they do now

El chupacabra

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

I think ima go for it , i got a mothers powerball already so it wont b hard to keep em polished. Wonder if i could strip em then shine the hell out of em then reclear em and they look the same or just go back lookin silver as they do now

The initial cut and polish will suck lotta time with a high speed buffer and lots of rouge. If not its gonna take you forever with steel wool polishing takes lots of patience. You won't need the clearcoat just keep a good coat of polish on them they will be fine.

Break break break

big'un

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
pulled the trigger on the driver side today when i got home from work , kept them on the truck and done them so i cudnt use the drill it was tearin my head up , so i done em by hand with mothers polish , ima do the other 2 this weekend and also take em off so i can polish em with a drill .....

there not as shiny as i hoped for , but there better than they was

b3d2b936.jpg

4d8a739f.jpg

87fb3889.jpg

b82d03a7.jpg

b6171727.jpg

big'un

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
thanks bud ill keep yall updated on em , maybe they will shine up some more :D

TyCorr

Reaction score
My buddy mikey said, when I asked him the secret to polishing my compressor housing, "the bigge trick is.to actually get started and then go until it looks right." So I painted it!

big'un

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i used aircraft paint remover :toast:

yea im missin a lug nut on the passenger side front to :D

big'un

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
nobody knows it but yall now :redspotdance:

yall are all gonna :grouphug:

El chupacabra

Reaction score
They could be like mirrors with a buffing wheel and high-speed buffer and some rouge you can pick it up at any TA truck stop. Or oooo steel wool that drill is gonna take you forever. When I used to do my wheels and fuel tanks on my rig by the time I got done the **** looked like chrome and I looked like I just got off a 12 hour shift in a coal mine lol.

Break break break

big'un

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I got a hi speed buffer , thats wat ima use then ... Also my buddy told me to pick up some rouge so ima do that to

Latest posts

Members online