Studded tune on non studded trucks

Reaction score
Let's just say for instance that a studded tune gets put on a non studded truck,exactly how long is expected (on average) for that truck to last lol. What all perameters are changed between studded and non studded tunes. Just a thought

Decker

Reaction score
Not sure on the perameters that are change but from my understanding its on all on the driver. If your throwing the skinny pedal down all the time, may take a day may be a week. If your gentle and drive like a old man, you may be safe for a while. Iv heard of guys running studded tune on non studded trucks but they where just waiting for a reason to stud their trucks tho.

Reaction score
I'm looking for a reason to go ahead and stud the truck but don't exactly need to spend the money just yet as new tires and new regulated return just went on. But on on another note I'd like someone's review on mild panty dropper vs super panty dropper

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
I dunno if yall have heard this. But make sure to replace radiator cap!! Could possibly help the head gaskets last longer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
Yes. They are defective from ford, mine got replaced by my mechanic for free and he tested it in front of to prove his point. Mine leaked pressure and that gives a "lower boiling point to the fluid" look into it. The cap he put on was from advanced Auto and hold 16 psi like it's supposed to

sootie

Reaction score
Yes. They are defective from ford, mine got replaced by my mechanic for free and he tested it in front of to prove his point. Mine leaked pressure and that gives a "lower boiling point to the fluid" look into it. The cap he put on was from advanced Auto and hold 16 psi like it's supposed to

so it may puke easier.....has absolutely no effect on the length of time headgaskets live...

Justus

Reaction score

Yes, the degass bottle cap is one of the things that needs to be upgraded, but that has nothing to do with head gaskets lasting longer.

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
Look it up. Too much to explain. Long story short, if the cap ain't working right, the fluid is boiling before the thermostat ever opens, hence cooking the engine from the inside before the fan and can cool the fluid

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
Is it a direct cause for head gasket failure......prolly not. But I won't risk it. Like I said, my mechanic replaced it for free. It's a $5- $7 part

Latest posts

Members online