Stumped again

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well, idm swap didn't change anything.
What are the chances all eight injectors are bad, lol.
Pcm maybe? That's the only other change, pulling the chip, but I've never seen a pcm that only worked with the chip in.

Stupid question, but the big square plug on the lh valve cover is plugged in, correct? And you have rpm signal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Part of gaining access to IDM is to check the pins
The was the last project on the way out the door, so no, I didn't check for power, just plugged another idm in to see if it would fire. I guess I don't know which pin(s) to check for power.

psduser1

Reaction score
Stupid question, but the big square plug on the lh valve cover is plugged in, correct? And you have rpm signal?

Yes I've had the 42 pin connector apart and back together several times, no problems there.
Didn't pay attention to the tach while cranking, if that's what your asking. How would I check rpm signal with a meter? I

fastersteve

Reaction score
Is it the original pcm? Maybe you are having a PATS issue...the chip could override the PATS, pulling it would engage the PATS.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes I've had the 42 pin connector apart and back together several times, no problems there.
Didn't pay attention to the tach while cranking, if that's what your asking. How would I check rpm signal with a meter? I

You said you have a scan gauge, correct? Use that. Not entirely sure on what pins to be checking while using a meter.

psduser1

Reaction score
Is it the original pcm? Maybe you are having a PATS issue...the chip could override the PATS, pulling it would engage the PATS.
It is the original pcm, but gh tuning doesn't shut off pats unless they are specifically asked to do so. I reset the pats for s&g, but the light is flashing as it always has.

psduser1

Reaction score
You said you have a scan gauge, correct? Use that. Not entirely sure on what pins to be checking while using a meter.

I don't think the scan gauge reads rpm without a 5v adapter, maybe. I'll check that out, and see if that's a possibility. I've had this one for about 15 yrs, lol. It's not the " 2" version.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I don't think the scan gauge reads rpm without a 5v adapter, maybe. I'll check that out, and see if that's a possibility. I've had this one for about 15 yrs, lol. It's not the " 2" version.

Ah, all the ones I’ve seen have probably been the 2, as they read thru the dlc for assorted pids.

6.7powersmoke

Reaction score
embrace forscan lite with bluetooth dongle

check icp, ipr %, crank rpm, fuel pulse width and report back. Also do a buzz test.

How long have you cranked to purge oil?

6.7powersmoke

Reaction score
With good batteries and a denso starter it usually takes at least two good 15-20 second cranks.

With weak batteries and oem starter it can take alot more.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
With good batteries and a denso starter it usually takes at least two good 15-20 second cranks.

With weak batteries and oem starter it can take alot more.
He already has 3000 psi oil rail pressure. It only take about 500 psi to fire the injectors.

The injectors themselves are not firing. Either a bad wire or the injectors are bad.

psduser1

Reaction score

Torque pro thru the obd2 Bluetooth says I have 150-160 rpm, cranking.
I still need to find a pinout for the idm to verify power there, just gonna continue to be a side project, I guess.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Torque pro thru the obd2 Bluetooth says I have 150-160 rpm, cranking.
I still need to find a pinout for the idm to verify power there, just gonna continue to be a side project, I guess.

Can you buzz test with the torque pro app?

psduser1

Reaction score
I don't know, really. I was just fiddling around to see how the app worked. I'll check it out, but I don't really it's designed to do that much indepth.
It did clear the codes.

fastersteve

Reaction score
embrace forscan lite with bluetooth dongle

check icp, ipr %, crank rpm, fuel pulse width and report back. Also do a buzz test.

How long have you cranked to purge oil?
Do you know if forscan lite will work with my AE dongle? My old laptop crashed and I can't find the software during a move.

Members online

No members online now.