Suncoast

AKHILF

Reaction score
Who's had good luck with buying a suncoast kit and having a good shop install it? Shipping a whole transmission from the lower 48 almost isnt an option. I know it wont be machined for more clutch's but should I be ok? I wouldnt mind doing a 66 and 205's later on but Thats farther down the road and might not even happen.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have this kit, ran it with 190/75's and an 03 turbo for 5k and now with 205s and a 66 and its holding up just fine for now, with a stock converter.

Should be good for now, Im going to continue to beat this thing to a pulp and see what happens.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I only have about 7k on a new stocker I had put in last year. Im thinking the big deal thats killing them is the 37's and 22's. I havnt beat on this tranny very much. Maybe its time to come back down.

AKHILF

Reaction score
At what point are billet shafts needed? The tranny builder is advising me to get a billet intermediate and a billet rear hub.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I'm doing a billet input and billet triple disk on mine (not suncoast) and I've been told it should hold up fine at 650-700. then again, mine is a hot street truck that will still see the track a few times. no pulling or anything.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
i run the iron pack 3 rebuild kit, sun coast billet converter, input shaft, intermediate shaft, had our shop do the rebuild on it. holds up great on the truck. I opted to go with this because of our 600hp goal we did 570 at the moment and it holds the power with no slipping. Suncoast said this should be good for 700. I run 205s and a 66 on 10" lift and 38's. I would reccommend it, i did the rebuild with 58k on my trans...have just over 3k on the rebuild now with 4 seperate dyno runs

Irontx

Reaction score
Mine has a bunch of suncoast parts in it. Not sure if it was a kit or what.Not their converter though.Been almost 100k now. Few trips down the track. Lots of torture on the street. Lots of nitrous . Dyno'd 615. Still doin 40mph burnouts !!! :D Gettin a shutter in reverse now though. I ain't mad at it!!! Maybe just time to freshin it up.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
These trucks don't eat shafts like others do...but if you have it in the budget to do them go for it! They aren't cheap though!

If the shop can machine for more clutches, it is good insurance, but not necessary.

I have a locally built transmission and it is basically a Hughes Performance build and has been doing fine for over 20k miles.

Dustin F2504x4

Reaction score
Looks like a suncoast rebuild is in my future sooner then later. Is the 5r110 very difficult to rebuild? Can I do it myself or should I take it a shop?

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Mine had a Suncoast Billet Triple disc (factory converter is a triple disc btw) and billet input and intermediate and I was very happy with it. The suncoast shafts are still in it and working great.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I'm doing a billet input and billet triple disk on mine (not suncoast) and I've been told it should hold up fine at 650-700. then again, mine is a hot street truck that will still see the track a few times. no pulling or anything.

Whose doing your transmission Lance??

windrunner408

Reaction score
SWEET man. Please let me know how it works out for ya. I have started heavily researching transmission options for my truck as well and these guys definitely seem like a way that I just might lean towards. I called up and spoke with Andy for a few minutes yesterday and he was VERY helpful. I am pretty sure you and I will end up with builds that have similar power outputs and I am sure you will use yours more than I will. That is why I am interested in seeing how one of his transmissions works out for your application. I hope it rips for ya.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.